[MOD] Mountains and Hills

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Channel1

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by Channel1 »

Sorry for asking, but would there be any easy way to implement some settings to change the magnitude of each different layer of noise...? I can imagine having way too much fun with this...

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:52 am New version (1.01).

Made it as a custom terrain sampler, which should prevent people from spawning in the air :D Probably a bit faster and also made a few other minor improvements and fixes

See first post for the latest version!

6.jpg
Oh. That. That right there! That screen is simply amazing :o
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Interkermit wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:26 am Sorry for asking, but would there be any easy way to implement some settings to change the magnitude of each different layer of noise...? I can imagine having way too much fun with this...
I may add some customization options in future.

Mosin Nagant

Post by Mosin Nagant »

Wow, this looks great! Having spent a lot of time in the more mountainous parts of the US, this really makes the terrain look much more realistic. Will definitely give this a try.
Previously known as LordMordecai on DXL forums

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

This mod seems to be not working with 7.2 ( dec 20th x64bit build).
Check out my YouTube Channel!

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I'm not sure how active Uncanny Valley will be from now on given his recent absence, so it might be best to stick with the similar new features in Nystul's excellent Distant Terrain mod.

Midknightprince

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 pm I'm not sure how active Uncanny Valley will be from now on given his recent absence, so it might be best to stick with the similar new features in Nystul's excellent Distant Terrain mod.
Just being consistent :lol:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Midknightprince wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 pm This mod seems to be not working with 7.2 ( dec 20th x64bit build).
Seems to work fine for me on the latest code, it even works with the optimised parallel terrain generation code since I made it backwards compatible for terrain samplers. The only downside is that it's very slow.

UV, I would be happy to help speed up your code or if you put it online I could take a stab at it if you like?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 pm This mod seems to be not working with 7.2 ( dec 20th x64bit build).
Seems to work fine for me on the latest code, it even works with the optimised parallel terrain generation code since I made it backwards compatible for terrain samplers. The only downside is that it's very slow.

UV, I would be happy to help speed up your code or if you put it online I could take a stab at it if you like?
I'll give it another go

Midknightprince

Yep, it works.
Hallelujah !