Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:16 pm Kamer, any WA running quests from v3 will still be in the savefile questData.txt so you may need to provide a way to kill these in WA v4.
They should filter out just fine. It doesn't just reset itself, it delete s the core quest before resetting. With the quests removed, it will not be able to do that.

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

Kamer wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:40 pm They will all attempt to start a quest when entering a location but nothing will fire off if the files are removed. Also its safe to use WAV3 with V4 as long as you don't use the same modules from both versions. Only thing that should conflict is the wilderness.
If I understand this right then, this should achieve the desired result of a DFU 0.10.24 WA 3.0.3 to a DFU 0.0.26a WA 4.0.3 migration:
  1. Copy the following WA 3.0.3 directories into the DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer directory:
    • WAQ-V3-Cities
    • WAQ-V3-Graveyards
    • WAQ-V3-Keeps
    • WAQ-V3-Labyrinth
    • WAQ-V3-Ruins
    (ie: Copy everything except the WAQ-V3-Wilderness directory)
  2. In WA 4.0.3 Mod settings, make sure everything is enabled there.
  3. As future WA releases happen, when a new section appears in Settings (ie: Graveyards) then delete the associated 3.0.3 directory.
And the expectation is due to the way DFU handles quests and the way WA 3.0.3 is done up, when a quest 'ends' (gets triggered?) and tries to reset, it will fail and drop out of the quest list?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

KovuCougar wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:10 pm
Kamer wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:40 pm They will all attempt to start a quest when entering a location but nothing will fire off if the files are removed. Also its safe to use WAV3 with V4 as long as you don't use the same modules from both versions. Only thing that should conflict is the wilderness.
If I understand this right then, this should achieve the desired result of a DFU 0.10.24 WA 3.0.3 to a DFU 0.0.26a WA 4.0.3 migration:
  1. Copy the following WA 3.0.3 directories into the DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer directory:
    • WAQ-V3-Cities
    • WAQ-V3-Graveyards
    • WAQ-V3-Keeps
    • WAQ-V3-Labyrinth
    • WAQ-V3-Ruins
    (ie: Copy everything except the WAQ-V3-Wilderness directory)
  2. In WA 4.0.3 Mod settings, make sure everything is enabled there.
  3. As future WA releases happen, when a new section appears in Settings (ie: Graveyards) then delete the associated 3.0.3 directory.
And the expectation is due to the way DFU handles quests and the way WA 3.0.3 is done up, when a quest 'ends' (gets triggered?) and tries to reset, it will fail and drop out of the quest list?
Textbook answer. Yes, this is correct.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Hey, Kamer! Just a shoutout, I've seen that you're implementing some form of banditry system in the Warm Ashes. What does it entail? Would be able to make sure that more friendly NPCs to rob are spawned along the roads, generated by Basic Roads mod? I've seen the Hazelnut's post and it seems pretty easy to check and would be an awesome addition - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4167

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

I see that the latest version of WA4 is from october 2020 , and there have been several versions of DFU since then (0.27 , 0.28, and now we're in the 0.11 beta ).
So is WA4 working correctly in DFU beta 0.11 or should it be expected features breaking or missing if i run it in current DFU?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Warm Ashes Final Release

Warm Ashes Version 3 will be the final version of this mod. I had plans fora V4 to upgrade into a DFMOD but i ultimately decided to cancle that version.
I do not plan to go back to this version either however. In the future, expect an extended version of the modules but as separate mods. So for now,
I've updated the classic Warm Ashes quest files to add some features before I call it final.

Spoiler!

Warm Ashes v3.0.4 (Final)

-Added infighting to the encounters. (Sieges are compatible with the Mercs mod)
-Siege Bosses get abilities to heal and use certain buffs on themselves.
-Sieges now has music to represent the different waves of enemies.
-Wilderness system has been once again been tweaked.

This might not be the final release, I will fix any bugs that may be in this version, but when it comes to content, this is as far as it goes. Thanks for all the feedback and support these few years.

Installation

Step 1: Extract contents of zip file to .\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets. This will place "WAQ00.txt" through "WAQ06.txt" in your "Quests" folder, and the "Kamer" folder in "QuestPacks".

Step 2: Start Daggerfall Unity.

Step 3 - New Game
Click Play.
Start a new character.
After creation is complete, you'll get prompts asking if you want to enable things.
Verify quests have started by pressing "Shift-Tab".

Step 3 - Load Game:
(This only needs to be done ONCE after mod install, per character!)
Make sure "Advanced > Enhancements > Game Console" is enabled.
Click Play.
Load existing character.
Open console with ( ~ or ` ) key
Type "start quest WAQ##", without quotes, replacing the ## with the number of the module. Do this six times in total, 00 through 05.
Verify quests have started by pressing "Shift-Tab".

Download

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

Thank you so much for the new version !

Malfal

Post by Malfal »

I had only started using Warm Ashes recently. My first experience was with the dfmod version 4.0.3. I liked it because it added a few random encounters without being "too much"...just enough to keep me on my toes. Then I noticed there was a new final-ish 3.0.4 quest-based version and that the 4.x dfmod version was no longer being developed? So I uninstalled the 4.0.3 dfmod version and installed the 3.0.4 version.

However, I feel like I am doing something wrong...

1) There seem to be WAAAY too many more encounters. I have never even been able to camp out once without triggering a random encounter within a hour or so. No rest for the weary...ever, it seems...which is fine, I suppose I can plan around that, however...
2) The vast majority of encounters appear to be several different encounters all at once... in my experience, it is very common to have tigers, and bears, and spriggans, and harpys, and giants, and centaurs, and usually one or more human faction all at once. But as scary as that might sound, it is not scary at all. I just have to ride by and let them fight amongst themselves. Eventually there will be a lone giant still standing there, for example...one hit kill by me and I can collect all the loot off all the dead bodies. It is not uncommon to rake in 500kg/10000GP worth of loot just between two towns...and all I had to do is kill a wounded giant.

For now I am removing 3.0.4 and reinstalling 4.0.3 because I am making WAAAY too much money WAAAY too fast for practically no effort.

Is it normally this easy to make so much money with the quest-based Warm Ashes? Or am I playing it wrong?

Broseidon

Post by Broseidon »

Not sure if this is something that has been answered elsewhere, but thought I'd ask just in case.

Do you know if there are any incompatibilities with the Travel Options mod? I've noticed recently, when I travel and/or rest out in the wilds, when I get encounters, it's like 3-4 in a row, so it spawns spriggan and harpy ambushes, along with bandits and a priest of Kynareth for instance :P
God of the Brocean

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah I've unfortunately pretty much softlocked my current character with this mod. With my full mod list and playing a low level character with weak combat abilities I just never get to camp and rest during travel. The campig equipment suppresses the normal enemy spawn function, but not Warm Ashes, so trying to sleep outside allways just ends with some kind of chaotic mass combat.