Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Malfal

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Malfal »

Orbarth wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:59 am I was thinking, could it be possible people encountering absurd amount of monsters has previously installed the old V4 version but forgot to remove the "warm ashes.dfmod" file from the ...\StreamingAssets\Mods\ folders before installing the new V3 ?
As the new V3 does not use anymore the dfmod file (as it's back in being quest files), it could mean they're actually running both old V4 and new V3 at the same time, resulting in vastly increased encounters ?
Nope (at least for my test, nope). I made sure to remove the dfmod version before installing the updated quest version.

BTW, before I removed the quest version, I noticed that the game was getting more and more laggy. Specifically when hitting F9 to quick save, it would pause for several seconds before giving me the "Game saved" message. Also, when lining up on BasicRoads and hitting my Follow Paths key, there would be a long pause before my character actually started moving. After rolling back several saves (just before installing the quest version of WA) and reinstalling the dfmod version, the game no longer pauses when saving or travelling on roads. I also noticed that my Shift-Tab quest count was in the thousands after using the quest version of WA for just one round trip. It's back down in the low hundreds after the rollback and using the dfmod version. Does quest count cause longer delays in saving etc? There definitely seems to be a correlation here somewhere, but I have no idea about the causation.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I believe I've figured it out. The cooldowns were being ignored. I'll upload a newer version in a bit.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Didn't post here last update so here it is.

Warm Ashes v3.0.5 (Final)
-Fixed CoolDown timers
-Increased CoolDown Timers
-Added back the manual files for installation

Warm Ashes v3.0.6 (Final)

-Added measures to keep Wilderness Encounters from happening on loading a save.

Download

Broseidon

Post by Broseidon »

Tried with the new 3.0.6 update, seem to be getting a few encounters at once when I am near villages/cities, when fast travelling there.
Attachments
mobsda2.png
mobsda2.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 2388 times
mobsda.png
mobsda.png (1.87 MiB) Viewed 2388 times
God of the Brocean

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

I think it's probably because when you fast-travel the game runs every encounter check that would've naturally happened during the duration of your trip and then spawn all the encouters at once when you exit fast-travel, but I might be wrong.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Thats interesting, a bug i didn't see cause no one uses traditional travel anymore lol. I'll be sure to give it a whirl and see if I can recreate this issue.

Broseidon

Post by Broseidon »

Sorry that's actually my bad - I misspoke in the comment with images above. By fast-travelling, I meant the fast-forward travel you do in the Travel Options mod :?

I took out the WA00 (or whatever the Wilderness encounters module was called), and the issue disappeared. Of course that's not ideal, as the wilderness encounters thus disappear all together, but I thought it bore mentioning.
God of the Brocean

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Thats strange. The wilderness quest wont run when entering locations and its been tested purely on travel options.

Broseidon

Post by Broseidon »

Myeah, not exactly sure what it's about, but in a few cases it's resulted in me circumnavigating a village, having 3 giants spawn, and a priest of Akatosh, with said giant smacking the priest around, giving me a "Begone heathen" and minus rep with said temple :P
God of the Brocean

GeeTee

Post by GeeTee »

Kamer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:50 am no one uses traditional travel anymore lol.
Imagine a world where people still use instantaneous fast travel 8-)

"Player controlled" travel is fine for short hops, but I sure dont have the time to sit and watch a horse neck run all the way from Scourg Barrow to Daggerfall every time the Cartographers forget how far it is!

But the further I travel, the more out of place encounters await at the other end, thanks to Warm Ashes. Surprise parties from spriggans, tigers, centaurs, orcs, imps, you name it, all inside my room at the inn while I'm trying to catch some shuteye after my epic journey.

Have now removed Warm Ashes 3.0.6; hope you can find a way to avoid this problem!