Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
hello

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by hello »

pango wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:56 am
hello wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:19 am let me just say i'm super impressed you are brave and dedicated enough to just scrap most of what you have, start over and do it all "properly" again in C#!
Well, embedded languages (also called extension languages, because when you mention "embedded" people often think about embedded systems, which is unrelated) are a known and legit abstraction method.
So from a purely software engineering perspective it's best if quest can be written in a quest domain specific language (DSL). Hopefully the quest language can be extended later to cover more needs...
that makes a lot of sense from an accessibility standpoint.. but on the other hand there will probably always be a lot harsher limitations doing it that way.
but i'm not going to argue things i don't understand much about. just an uninformed opinion. ;)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Waq Cities human warm ashes Cities human skill check : I cannot enter a location with this quest active after about a week of playing.
On 10.24 & 10.25..

I thought it was roleplay realism items viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3534&start=60#top second post down, there is and output, and the save..
But on further investigation thanks to hazelnuts suggestion, it's actually this particular Quest that's causing it.

So I can run around on the world map no problem but the minute I step into a location: crash to desktop.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

WA3 is going to be dead pretty soon, so by a great stroke of luck, we won't have to worry about this anymore :lol: Once DFU versions are compatible with it, I highly recommend moving to the next Warm Ashes version, the one that's on Nexus.

Midknightprince

Jay_H wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:08 pm WA3 is going to be dead pretty soon, so by a great stroke of luck, we won't have to worry about this anymore :lol: Once DFU versions are compatible with it, I highly recommend moving to the next Warm Ashes version, the one that's on Nexus.
So can I use the one on Nexus now, or should I just disable it and wait for a new live build ?
Just do without for now ?
I am playing on 10.24..
Nothing seems to work right in .25, so I'm just sticking with .24 for now.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Midknightprince wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:22 pm
Jay_H wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:08 pm WA3 is going to be dead pretty soon, so by a great stroke of luck, we won't have to worry about this anymore :lol: Once DFU versions are compatible with it, I highly recommend moving to the next Warm Ashes version, the one that's on Nexus.
So can I use the one on Nexus now, or should I just disable it and wait for a new live build ?
Just do without for now ?
I am playing on 10.24..
Nothing seems to work right in .25, so I'm just sticking with .24 for now.
With how its updating, you can mix both. Wilderness module is available now for WAV4 so you can disable wilderness for WAV3 but can use the others until they are updated as well. That way it can be a smooth transition.

Midknightprince

Well it figures....I turned wilderness off.
Seems like with the air ships, I miss half the stuff since I'm flying around all the time.
Everything else works so I'll just keep it how it is until 10.26 or after.
For reals though, don't let this thing die please, I need my orc sieges..

To be honest the cities part has never seemed to work right for me, but I think it's because QP1 does town stuff too, seems like it was messing stuff up, and I never thought to disable one or the other.
I could be wrong, but regardless it works now..

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

There seems to be some extraneous (or missing) quotations.

In the following files (all are Message: 2001)
./StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer/WAQ-V3-Labyrinth/WAQ_BANDITS.txt
./StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer/WAQ-V3-Ruins/WAQ_BANDITS.txt
./StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer/WAQ-V3-Wilderness/WAQ_BANDITS.txt
./StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/Kamer/WAQ-V3-Wilderness/WAQ_TKNIGHT.txt

There's a quest that looks like it's been copied to all of them. The following text is there
<ce> "The hell? What's a %ra doing here?
<ce> I hope your armor has good resale value.
<ce> I'd hate to kill you for only a few coins...
<ce> "Another body for the pile!"
I imagine that last line is not supposed to start with ", or there's a missing " on the prior line (depending if it's one or multiple conversing)

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

I am upgrading from DFU 0.10.24 to 0.10.26a, and in the process am going from WA 3.0.3 to 4.0.3

I see I still have a LOT of WAQ stuff in my active quests for my existing character. Is there something I should do to complete this upgrade cleanly?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

KovuCougar wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:40 am I am upgrading from DFU 0.10.24 to 0.10.26a, and in the process am going from WA 3.0.3 to 4.0.3

I see I still have a LOT of WAQ stuff in my active quests for my existing character. Is there something I should do to complete this upgrade cleanly?
They will all attempt to start a quest when entering a location but nothing will fire off if the files are removed. Also its safe to use WAV3 with V4 as long as you don't use the same modules from both versions. Only thing that should conflict is the wilderness.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Kamer, any WA running quests from v3 will still be in the savefile questData.txt so you may need to provide a way to kill these in WA v4.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods