Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ferital

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Ferital »

Kamer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am
Ferital wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:02 am I just tested version 5.0.1, great work Kamer! I especially enjoy seeing Orc guards in Orsinium.

I encountered an issue though, my character was attacked by guards in Daggerfall for a crime there. Then he escaped and traveled to another country where he never went before, but was immediately attacked by local guards, with villagers fleeing all around. I double-checked with another character to be sure this was caused by VIO and indeed, it seems there is a problem there.
So crimes are charged just for one region? If thats been the case then that data has to be stored somewhere.
Yes crimes are linked to a particular region in DFU as well as in classic.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Ferital wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:03 pm
Kamer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am
Ferital wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:02 am I just tested version 5.0.1, great work Kamer! I especially enjoy seeing Orc guards in Orsinium.

I encountered an issue though, my character was attacked by guards in Daggerfall for a crime there. Then he escaped and traveled to another country where he never went before, but was immediately attacked by local guards, with villagers fleeing all around. I double-checked with another character to be sure this was caused by VIO and indeed, it seems there is a problem there.
So crimes are charged just for one region? If thats been the case then that data has to be stored somewhere.
Yes crimes are linked to a particular region in DFU as well as in classic.
I'm starting to look now but do you know off hand where I can find this data and where its stored?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Added Regional Legal reputation checks to guards. As long as you are a good boy in the current region you are in, they'll ignore the crime. This is fine as I was adding Bounty Hunters in Warm Ashes anyways that will cross regions to hunt players for crimes.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The player's persistent regional legal reputation (result of crimes) is stored in RegionData. Access like below:

Code: Select all

int legalRep = GameManager.Instance.PlayerEntity.RegionData[regionIndex].LegalRep;
You can use the helper PlayerEntity.LowerRepForCrime() to reduce rep for a specific crime in a region. This is what's being used internally when player is struck by the city guards during a pursuit, defaulting on a loan, etc.

Edit: Beat me to it. :D

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:38 pm The player's persistent regional legal reputation (result of crimes) is stored in RegionData. Access like below:

Code: Select all

int legalRep = GameManager.Instance.PlayerEntity.RegionData[regionIndex].LegalRep;
You can use the helper PlayerEntity.LowerRepForCrime() to reduce rep for a specific crime in a region. This is what's being used internally when player is struck by the city guards during a pursuit, defaulting on a loan, etc.

Edit: Beat me to it. :D
Question on the loans however. Is the crime ever charged to the player? I see rep loss due to the crime but don't see where its set. If you don't plan on setting it in the future then I'd like VIO to do it instead.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The LoanChecker class will lower rep by LoanDefault and the DaggerfallBankManager.SetDefaulted() flag is raised. But so far nothing in core is using this to send bounty hunters against player for defaulting. I think this is better in a mod than in core anyway, so go for it. :)

Guy_Duderson

Post by Guy_Duderson »

Something I've always wondered about is if it's possible to change the health of villagers to be higher than 1? It might be too hard coded to be changed, but if it is possible to change it then it'd definitely help immersion if common citizens didn't only have 1 hitpoint. Probably still a low amount compared to other entities in the game, but certainly not 1.
Last edited by Guy_Duderson on Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

Tavern wenches don't seem to be giving me the ability to sleep with them. They will either give a random quest or nothing at all.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Thanks Kamer for the update and enhancements of my favorite immersion mod! This is great! Everything seems to be working fine with the mod for me so far.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:28 am Tavern wenches don't seem to be giving me the ability to sleep with them. They will either give a random quest or nothing at all.
I am aware of this issue. Accidentally didn't include the service script as part of the package! Thought I did. Will be fixed in a update very soon.