KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Flying Kites wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 am Amazing how this mod allows me to play the best looking game my pc can handle. Ave Czechia! XD

I'd love to see support for more college-era Todd risque features. There is a high-res paintings mod, and this guy has been working on a female armor mod that's a bit like Red Sonja power. Give him a hand, many would appreciate it. It remains unfinished. https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files
Thank you :)
Ive spend like one year on a Paperdoll project, no way in hell I will work on other persons paperdoll variant :) Sry

Flying Kites

Post by Flying Kites »

I see now, very understandable. Bravo to you for this awesome restoration.

This game is now the best looking game on my laptop, but one effect produces a long load and much lag in indoor spaces, especially at the Mage's Guild. It's the shiny stone and glass effect which bends the light around the textures. I immediately notice the game pause to reproduce the effect on rooftops in towns, like right when I turn a corner and get hit with a big shiny roof, and the Mage's Guild has bending lights on every single surface inside which lags the performance a bunch.

So I'm asking how could disable that only effect? I don't have the presets or the Re-shaders. I have my mod list in the attachments.
Attachments
daggerfall_modz.png
daggerfall_modz.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 1545 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate,

Thanks for understanding, issue with paperdoll is, that is consists from 16 000 files. And what looks simple on the doll, is much more complex under the hood. Just example - chest plate. To create a new chest plate, you need to have 4 variants (human, elf, khajiit, lizard) than add 2 genders = 8 variants, than add 10 materials and you have 80 different variants for just this ONE piece(there are 3 variants of chest armor) repeat for boots (2 variants) gloves (2 variants) left arm, right arm (arms have 3 variants) and so on and you end up in a nightmare. Just writing about it gives me PTSD...

That effect you mention is a property of a PBR materials, you cant disable it in any setting ingame. And most likely its not a cause of your lags. Its a simple smoothness... The interiors of the game are quite demanding, not sure what HW you use, I have GTX 970 and can run it at 60fps, and thats a recommended HW... Its very low end card now, many years old, so its not THAT demanding. What GFX card do you use?

BTW do u think the roofs are too shiny? Maybe during the winter, when I wanted to simulate the melting ice on them... during the summer, it should not be extremely shiny. Maybe add the screenshot pls.

PS: the interiors will have some further settings included in DFU soon Ive heard, where u can enable different lightning, which should increase the performance on low end systems.

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

Hello everyone.

I've got a bit of a problem and I wondered if the creators of the mod could help...or anyone really. :?

So I installed the mod ran it with all options on for a bit. Slowly I took away the ones I wasn't fond of until I was running only Cinematics, HUD, Music, and Portraits. Everything else was original graphics. However, I noticed that the Cloth Amulet...as in any Cloth Amulet...was still using DREAM graphics. I thought it might've been somehow tied to another mod, so I started uninstalling them one after another until I had no DREAM mods running and the Cloth Amulet still had DREAM graphics. Wow. I have no idea how to fix this. I'm worried a fresh install won't help as I think this is somehow part of the save file. Any ideas?

Edit: I've noticed a handful of other items also have (not-old-pixel-graphics) a.k.a look like DREAM items. Most of them clothing. I did a fresh install of DF Unity without DREAM and it did not affect it. Is this part of Unity? So confused.

The attached picture is after a fresh install of Unity with no mods at all. Notice the cloth amulet is not showing the original graphic.
Attachments
Evidence.png
Evidence.png (307.44 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
Last edited by Baptor on Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Flying Kites

Post by Flying Kites »

It must be an effect of the lighting and how lighting plays on textures. Well, anyways, the game runs great in the first few dungeons I've been to, but then going into a general store or small house, and especially the Mage's Guild, kills the performance to half or a quarter of the original. I also found a funny texture on the stairwell in the Mage's Guild.
Attachments
2021_04_17_03_58_06.jpg
2021_04_17_03_58_06.jpg (108.72 KiB) Viewed 1528 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Kites, I asked u what gfx card u have... thanks for a bug report - its not a DREAM issue, but might be solved if reported in a right thread, which I cant find now... :D
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Baptor, what makes you think thats its not a vanilla look? Im 99,9% certain that its a vanilla look on that item.

Please, take a screenshot with all mods disabled, than a screenshot with all mods enabled, compare and than let me know. Thank you

Also, if u have a screenshot of that clothing which you think is not vanilla, I want to see it as well.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:46 am Hi Baptor, what makes you think thats its not a vanilla look? Im 99,9% certain that its a vanilla look on that item.

Please, take a screenshot with all mods disabled, than a screenshot with all mods enabled, compare and than let me know. Thank you

Also, if u have a screenshot of that clothing which you think is not vanilla, I want to see it as well.
I think you're right, that is an original graphic. Some item graphics are a lot wider than they are tall so when they're scaled to fit the item slot width, they'll appear more detailed than say that square bracelet icon.

@Baptor, remove the DREAM mod from the Mods folder and check again, I think you'll see it doesn't change anything.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes BadLuck, thats what I think as well, but you actually managed to explain it... A process I did not even dare to try this morning :lol:

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:28 am A process I did not even dare to try this morning :lol:
No problem, coffee helps :lol:

Another thing to try would be to see how it looks in the retro-render mode, I think it never stood out as much in classic because of the low resolution compared to what we have these days.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt