KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Haha well having the original is formidable feat, I lost my original decade ago including the box..
I think your game might not be updated to the "latest" patch 2.13 maybe? :)

Eiiiiiitherway

Get a recommended version :ugeek:

fosley

Post by fosley »

My game is at 1.07.213, but I don't have any of the extra patches installed. I downloaded the DaggerfallGameFiles.zip and copied everything to my existing folder, and that fixed the issue with the leather greaves in both DosBox and DFU. Oddly, there were 151 extra files that didn't even exist in my install, but my game ran fine before.

While I was at it, I tweaked my DosBox settings so it runs properly again. I'd somehow gotten CPU set to max, instead of 486@50kHz, so my movement was all borked. :shock:

Now I'm wondering if there are better versions of Battlespire than what I have installed. :geek:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

fosley wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:03 pm ...there were 151 extra files that didn't even exist in my install, but my game ran fine before.
It runs on black magic, I have no idea how Interkarma back-engineered it :D
But Im glad the issue is solved, one less bug to care about for me.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I'm glad you got around to doing female Breton heads, I saw my favourite there and glad to see she got an upgrade lol

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Im glad you like it. All female heads are now high quality and fit the bodies and helmets well.
From males all Bretons, Dark elves and Argonians are done... rest will be quite a issue :X

Its very hard to create those faces when you cant actually draw faces.. I really need a artist help

But I asked for it for a year already and nobody really responded, just a one guy who said my faces suck and he will create his own - just to vanish for ever after that, like usually...

Anyway, Pango said some months back that Karethys should be a dark elf and send me some remade art... so I made that remake proper now. I had a saved HD portrait I found on a XL forums years ago, but I have no idea who created it. I just altered it, and used it as a face of the actual NPC Ive made... just made it dark elf.. whatever, heres the result.. now I believe all characters in wayrest who are supposed to be dark elves actually are dark skinned..
Spoiler!
346_11-0.png
346_11-0.png (278.12 KiB) Viewed 813 times
FACES.CIF_48-0.png
FACES.CIF_48-0.png (288.88 KiB) Viewed 813 times

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Looks real great I think you are pushing those 2D sprites as much as possible ! 8-)

I'm not especially good at drawing, but I know how to use a couple of 3D softwares that could be used to make renders - maybe with a "drawing" filter in order to stick with the original look -. What do you think ? I can't promise anything but I can try.

So what kind/type/format of image format do you expect ? Could you provide a "template" or "silhouette" so that the head shape matches the paperdoll ? :?:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, thanks for the offer. Down bellow in the link are the heads which need some care. They are already upscalled and slightly processed, but they are not anywhere near the final quality I need. If you need, u can make the resolution of them x2 ... they are already in a correct format and naming.

The quality we aim for is around this level:
This is what I can do for example, but I have two styles, this is one of em:
FACE15I0.CIF_0-0.png
FACE15I0.CIF_0-0.png (87 KiB) Viewed 795 times
This is what a great artists can do:
Style 1 (Sitrus)
FACE14I0.CIF_7-0.png
FACE14I0.CIF_7-0.png (265.81 KiB) Viewed 795 times
Style 2 (Vomitaburger)
FACE10I0.CIF_3-0.png
FACE10I0.CIF_3-0.png (120.86 KiB) Viewed 795 times
Here are the low quality files which I need to get to the quality shown above.
https://easyupload.io/aerxb9

I can finetune the files you ping back to me, I just need something to work with.
Try to keep the eyes in the possitions they are in the templates.
Try to keep the skin color of a set similar to each other, because the heads of the set need to fit one body type.
There are usually 10 faces per set, the set is determined by the name, FACE01..... is a set of 10. FACE02... another set etc.
I can correct the skin color, details, placement and other stuff laters tho

Also, you dont need to get crazy with the details, the faces are quite small in the game...

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

OK I'll see what I can do, should really be possible to get you something better than what you have in the zip you provided. ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, fingers crossed... In the meantime I have readjusted the possitions of the female weapons to better fit the hands.
That was something I evaded for a while because it required editing 240 XML files :X
Last edited by King of Worms on Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I absolutely love the look of those news faces!