KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Do what is described here Megalow
Just dont set it to turkis or brazil or whatever and set it to English (United States)
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4526

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Hi! This is very strange, as I've played for several days after the 11.1 update with no issues, but when I opened DFU the cursor blinks back and forth between DREAM cursor and regular cursor as I move the mouse across the screen, defaulting to vanilla when I stop moving. I'm.... really not sure.

And when I click something, the vanilla cursor hangs over the option for a moment while the DREAM cursor moves freely again.I haven't updated or changed anything between shutting down last night and opening this morning, so..... I'm really not sure?

Floppy N'Wah

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

13thsyndicate ive seen this. Are you using controller with controller enabled? if you have a steam account use the steam controller settings for keyboard and disable controller in unity. just use keyboard and map keys to match your desired buttons on your controller. Also have a decent gaming mouse with multi button feature for extra ease. anyway hope this helps.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Oh my gosh, you're right! I plugged in my controller in order to play a game with a friend later, which is why I'd never seen this before. That's so weird that having a controller connected would cause the cursor to freak out like that.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Can u guys write a bug report to Help & Support sections pls? This is a issue with a game, not a Dream mod. Thanks, let me know if u can or not.

Megalow27

Post by Megalow27 »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:50 am Do what is described here Megalow
Just dont set it to turkis or brazil or whatever and set it to English (United States)
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4526
It fixed the problem, this is SO LAME!! XD (Not saying you're lame, just that something so stupid could bug the whole mod haha)

But yeah, problem solved, menu not bugging, paperdoll appears again, so far so good ("so what" who knows this one? haha)

Thank you The Lacus, Thank you King of Worms, you've really helped, now I can finally play Daggerfall with good graphics :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes this bug is really annoying and extremely hard to track down. I can still hardly believe someone was able to narrow down this issue to the language settings, thats a miracle. It was a user from the Nexus. Also, since its just the Dream mod bugging out, everybody just assumes I did something wrong at my part... *thumbs down*

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

What do you guys think can be causing this bug? Ive added brightness etc so its more apparent.

To me it seems like some issue in texture setting in Unity inspector? Problem is I CANT reproduce the bug on my machine :X Anyone else has this bug? Also it seems like this bug does not happen on the magic weapons... maybe the soft aura is the reason why it does not occur. Im quite baffled with this, even more so when I cant reproduce it.

One user has gtx1080 and latest build of DFU, seems standard. The person who reported the bow is someone else, so its not a single case issue... I think the fact its so hard to see is causing ppl to either ignore it or completely miss this bug,,,
WHITE LINES 2 Brightness.jpg
WHITE LINES 2 Brightness.jpg (494.91 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
White lines 1 Brightness.jpg
White lines 1 Brightness.jpg (709.47 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
Can it be the wrap mode? I cant think of anything more right now?
Heres the settings I use for example for this frame of the sword shown above. All handheld sprites use this same setting... Thanks a lot! :ugeek:
Inspector.jpg
Inspector.jpg (111.14 KiB) Viewed 1546 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Solved, will be fixed in the next release

Svartelric

Post by Svartelric »

Hello everyone! I recently installed Daggerfall Unity and the DREAM mod.

Everything seems to be working fine, except for two things: the paperdoll for my character and the maps for towns or dungeons do not show anything, other than what looks like a white shade of some sort. I figured that this must be an issue similiar to the one mentioned earlier in this thread by Megalow, so I tried the "Region format" fix, setting my region to English (US), my default being Italian.

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem for me. I was wondering if someone else experienced this. As I said, everything else seems to work just fine. I don't how to get logs, but I'd look into it and try to get them, if that is something that would be of use.

Thanks!