KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
N_Molson

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by N_Molson »

Honestly I have been thinking a LOT about this those last days and hand drawing would be the best. The original models were obviously created that way, and it just goes well with the whole paperdoll concept. I'm not sure photorealistic renders would be good, because what we are aiming for is some kind of stylized artwork. Worse than that : what we expect is some kind of drawing style that match what Bethesda artists did 25 years ago - or the perception we have of that work through VGA thumnails - :lol:) ! So I guess the perfect artist here would be an imitator ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Its the best but I cant draw faces from scratch, so I worked around it using my photoshop skills and upscalling etc...

But its too slow and honestly I enjoyed doing the females but another 80 heads of ugly males? Damn :/

Ad the comment of hairlines etc by Fosley.. true but also a bit of unnecesary dwelling on details. I can make that with few moves with mouse in photoshop. Also when u look at that head on forums where it covers half of the monitor you see all kinds of "issues" which get completely erradicaced as soon as u place that GODDAMNED head on the paperdoll and make it 10x smaller 😂

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Well maybe I can provide you "rough" 3D renders, that you can polish and edit in photoshop ? Tell me, if it helps you I'll do it. Agreed, the output in DFU is really small and details are not so important. Especially if you run a drawing filter on it or something alike to make them look more like the originals.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im up for trying anything... drop a few and lets see :) Thank you!

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

I made this one trying to mimic in some way the one with an ugly headband (index 5). Of course, I don't have the headband. Also the hairstyle doesn't match. Maybe hair can be edited on photoshop ? The expression is quite the same.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi,
was thinking again.. I did some faces in the past in a way I transplanted the actual face from a photo and left the hair etc and blend it all together. That would work here as well.

In that case - make the faces baldhead please. And try to setup a skin color which is similar to the original, and just keep it. The 1st set of faces was much lighter, and that was better.

Anyway, I just made a proof of concept here, quick mock up. I can make the hair look better, better blending as well yada yada, no problem. This way we will be able to do the Redguard males... just shuffle with the nose, mouth, eyes/eyebrows around, and do some various faces Id say.. and same as now, just tell me what face it is supposed to resemble.

PS: the lower one is a female I did from a original art and photo mixed, plus some work around that all
Spoiler!
Face06b.png
Face06b.png (174.34 KiB) Viewed 973 times
FACE11I0.CIF_1-0.png
FACE11I0.CIF_1-0.png (56.65 KiB) Viewed 970 times

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Seems very good to me ! The female is amazing, great work. 8-)

OK I"ll make them bald, no problem, much easier that way. OK for more light. I'll resume the "production" tomorrow :geek:

fosley

Post by fosley »

After way more hours than was probably necessary, I managed to get a decent Male Redguard 8.

I originally made it like the original image, but after looking at it on the paperdoll, I think it needs the background hair removed around the neck area.

I think it needs to be scaled up vertically a bit to align properly with the helmets, but I rendered it to match the stock image.
Spoiler!
FACE01I0.CIF_8-0.png
FACE01I0.CIF_8-0.png (511.98 KiB) Viewed 954 times
FACE01I0.CIF_8-0.png
FACE01I0.CIF_8-0.png (482.75 KiB) Viewed 954 times

Some of the progression. :o
RG8.gif
RG8.gif (925.73 KiB) Viewed 954 times

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Yes it tends to be very time-consuming, which can be frustrating when you're not happy with the result !

Regardless, way to go, the more the merrier ! Sharing the workload worked very well with Basics Roads, and the same approach will work here too. Also, different styles will bring diversity. I'll upload a couple of "bald renders" this evening, let's say I'll do :

- Face 5-0 (index 6)
- Face 6-0 (index 7)

@KoW : can you tell us which faces remains to be done ? That way we'll keep track of what we do ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nice face Fosley, I will make it fit, thank you :)
What SW do you use?

About what is done:
I consider face 0 and 1 done... face 4 I will do the way I presented.
Face 8 was presented by Fosley now and thats it.

That leaves 2 3 5 6 7 9 to do Id say.

Just so you guys know, Im very burried in the whole paperdoll stuff now, plus the issues with Reshade which stopped working basically since 0.10.26 plus some things about DREAM vs VIO compatibility and so on and so on...

I dont want to get overwhelmed and under pressure - and I already am anyway :X Also my head hurts last 4 days so god knows what is it - hopefully a easy covid so its done already.. Fun fact is I was banned from DFU discord today by someone after I posted this old meme in the meme section I created year back on there... so I just left that server for ever, Im very sensitive to this kind of behavior and Im better off such places when the censorship is at that level. We had enough censorship during communism, its a no for me. Also, its a real life story of mine, so whatever :D
Spoiler!
eHM.jpg
eHM.jpg (286.83 KiB) Viewed 890 times

Share faces, I save em, I make em ready when I can. Thats all I can do. Thank you :)