KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Another daedra prince animated :P
Nice one, Im just affraid they are not in the game :X But it does not matter because even if they are not, they might get there one day...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Lady Brisiena
Yup Im aware she has a double, but Im not sure which one is the real one... got a save at the meeting with her?
Plus I need a save with a generic one as well :X

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive upscaled all NPCs to 2k using Waifu. It took 5 hours to process.. cooking my gpu properly. Ingame you can see it only on the closeups and its not really that apparent. Still it deffinitely looks better a bit, esp if u the type of person who comes close to the npcs and look.. like me.

I must do some proper test of ram/vram usage. But performance seems the same as before to me.

Not sure if I will release it. And if yes, than if it will be optional (I hate more options, more room for error and more work) or just the only way to play DREAM.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nice work. Another unique NPC using the same flat is Lady Brisienna.
Dude... I live my life remembering Lady Brisiena looking like this?
small.jpg
small.jpg (58.93 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
While in fact she looks like Minisera used to look like. So now I understand your comment. Damn my mind plays tricks on me. Im super confused. But its truth, I even started unmodded daggerfall and its how it is....

so yea, its great Brisiena has at least distinctive look now. But Im afraid she will be at more places than just this. But you will now not meet her at castle daggerfall with a name of Minisera, which is a good thing :D

Here are all new NPCs variants so far (spoiler does not work :X)
182_5-0.jpg
182_5-0.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1056 times

Baler

Post by Baler »

If daggerfall unity had a hue/palette system you could grayscale certain areas of clothing. Then change them on the fly in game to random or set colors.
For variety, just thinking out loud.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes, the "IFs" :) One day may be, but honestly Im not holding my breath, so I did it this way... Id like to see many features in DFU as well, like better weather/light/postprocess/sounds.. Great idea tho, thats for sure.

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

Mage Guild Identify Lady. Animation will be ready soon.
Spoiler!
Mage Guild Lady.jpg
Mage Guild Lady.jpg (788.28 KiB) Viewed 1006 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great job, this one was the worse :)
Ive remade the mage 177 since Ive send you the files.

And upscaled all NPCs to 2k... just made some proper tests and the VRAM difference was 40mb in Wayrest, and thats the place with lots of NPCs. Ive also played with 2k NPCs for few days and no issues. So I will switch to 2k and ditch the 1k sprites.

I can send you the current NPCs if you want. But its 400mb. So maybe if you decide to work on any, let me know and I send you the specific sprites instead, my net is oldskool, esp upload

If anyone want to see 1k vs 2k difference (and I warn you, its not staggering) than here are 2 png files. Extract them, and move between each other using keyboard arrows when maximized. U can see its focused and not blurry anymore, esp the eyes and all he details. It visible only when you come close to NPC, but thats what I do... IMHO its worth it, even if the difference is not huge.

https://easyupload.io/3muwxl

Izendel

Post by Izendel »

Error - browser saids, there is an virus in you archive ( You can sand me PM 2k versions in order to make further work easier.
Do you mean 177_2 mage with book?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Izendel wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:10 pm Error - browser saids, there is an virus in you archive ( You can sand me PM 2k versions in order to make further work easier.
Do you mean 177_2 mage with book?
You cant store a virus in PNG file bro 😂 do a google search if u dont believe me..

177 with glowing staff in left hand..
I will send 2k on request, not all files but the files u want to work on.