[MOD] Cleaned SoundClips

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Cleaned SoundClips

Post by pango »

Hi Midknightprince,
Midknightprince wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:57 pm Okay your sound Clips are not playing when I load game and it's raining.

So when I turn off asset injection the rain plays, but it's the default rain.

To get your rain to play I have to have asset injection on, and then reload the game, after loading the first time.

So I don't know, I don't think it's the sound Clips, I think it's asset injection.
Yeah, as I explained as bug report comment, rain loop is a bit heavy, and sounds that take more than 150ms to load are not played. Not a huge deal for one shot sound effects, they usually have time to finish loading in background and play correctly the second time around.
For loops, if they don't play right away, it requires some interruption (entering then leaving a building,...) or a reload. I submitted a PR so loops are given 2s to load. I still prefer to set an upper limit, as a safety.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Midknightprince wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:04 pm Wow, I like the thunder.
Good stuff dude, it's more immersive, and the Raindrop sound clear and clean, no fuzziness..
Dude those thunderclaps, they are on point.
The experiments you did by replacing musics with atmospheric sounds are really inspirational; Wind sounds from previous video were spot on too, I hope it could become a mod of something. It shows that a lot could be done with alternate sound designs...
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

pango wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:01 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:04 pm Wow, I like the thunder.
Good stuff dude, it's more immersive, and the Raindrop sound clear and clean, no fuzziness..
Dude those thunderclaps, they are on point.
The experiments you did by replacing musics with atmospheric sounds are really inspirational; Wind sounds from previous video were spot on too, I hope it could become a mod of something. It shows that a lot could be done with alternate sound designs...
Hehe thanks, there is a few things to know but the main thing is only a few songs seem to be exclusive (as in they only play at certain times), the rain, and snow song, one tavern song, stuff like that ( this stuff actually works out pretty good and it's pretty common).
The rest can kind of intermingle but it works again because we're talking outdoors for outdoors , and visa versa , and not dungeons. So you will have one inn tune in a house, you will have a sunny day song during winter etc..
You just have to make it sound convincing, and this stuff is in stereo, so like we're talkin stereo fireplace, and howling wind With Wolves and owls and stuff here.
To be honest I don't care when it plays it sounds pretty dang awesome, and the EQ thing......

I'm actually thinking about going through all the dungeon songs.

Just take out the ones that I don't like and put cave Tunes in, or like dungeon sounding stuff, but there is a ton of them.

It's not hard though, your just renaming stuff and picking something that fits, and it's going to hook it up because the music is way too loud to begin with.
If you got to turn it down to 1/4 it's just too loud, and that's always been Daggerfall for me.

So like we're talkin falling dust and wind blowing through Caverns while you hear bats getting close, and the skeletons, and you can actually hear them and tell where they're at..
I did this for one song so far, and It's a freaky thing when it actually plays..

But I'm kind of hesitant because with the music in the dungeons breaks things up and I do like it.

So the next step is to go through all the songs and pick which ones I like find the right background ambience and change the one's I don't.
I'm thinking most dungeon songs are going to stay though.
Maybe do 1/4, play it for a week see what happens.

I'll tell you what though, I like the outdoors stuff, and I mean I really like it.
I don't know what teenagers use to describe cool stuff nowadays but wow, that is it.
So I don't know I guess that's my way of saying thank you :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Yeah these sound Clips are really good.
All the annoying stuff has been toned down big-time, and all the cool sounding stuff sounds really clear like the stuff in dungeons monsters the sound effects like wolves howling etc..
I really like the rain and thunder you did too.
And his thing must have taken a long time, let me just say thank you man, you did some good stuff here.

I actually went through them because I wanted to take some stuff out ( the Spell impact sound is too quiet for me ), but after checking it and going back to Daggerfall and comparing, yours do sound better.
I still like the loud spells though :)

pango

Post by pango »

Midknightprince wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm And his thing must have taken a long time, let me just say thank you man, you did some good stuff here.
Thanks! Like described before, manual sound cleaning took something like 9 hours.
Midknightprince wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm I still like the loud spells though :)
I used Tamriel Mixdown volume adjustments as a reference, so all spell casting were made quieter by 6db (except CastSpell1, 12db) and all spells impacts were made quieter by about 6db (except the fire based one, 3db only). While ideally to minimize quality loss one should go back to the beginning (except for volume adjustment), I think that adjusting the volumes back should be okay...
Attachments
LoudSpells.zip
(899.26 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Last edited by pango on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

pango wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:47 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm And his thing must have taken a long time, let me just say thank you man, you did some good stuff here.
Thanks! Like described before, manual sound cleaning took something like 9 hours.
Midknightprince wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm I still like the loud spells though :)
I used Tamriel Mixdown volume adjustments as a reference, so all spell casting were made quieter by 6b (except CastSpell1, 12db) and all spells impacts were made quieter by about 6db (except the fire based one, 3db only). While ideally to minimize quality loss one should go back to the beginning (except for volume adjustment), I think that adjusting the volumes back should be okay...
Okay I'll check it out when I get back, I'm out and about ( this is the curse of the cell phone).

It seemed like they sounded mono before, where as the default sounds we're louder I wouldn't say it was stereo, it just sounded crisper to me I guess, but I'll check these out when I get back and thanks :D

I was going to ask, are the arena sounds in the folder used at all ?
They got some pretty cool sounds, I guess I can use them in some videos or something, just seems like a Pity that they aren't used in Daggerfall.
The reason being I was going to take them out of the folder and put them in a separate one I just wanted to make sure they weren't used which I don't think they are, but I got to check first ;)

Midknightprince

Loud and crisp I like it....

pango

Post by pango »

Looks like adding ambient sound isn't totally new, Youtube just suggested me "Ruins" + desert...
Fascinating, desert environment may need some love too...
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:46 pm Looks like adding ambient sound isn't totally new, Youtube just suggested me "Ruins" + desert...

Yes, this idea is just really good!

Midknightprince

pango wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:46 pm Looks like adding ambient sound isn't totally new, Youtube just suggested me "Ruins" + desert...
Too much music...