[MOD] Cleaned SoundClips

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Azteca

Re: [MOD] Cleaned SoundClips

Post by Azteca »

pango wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:48 pm Ah, something that watching some stream just reminded me: it would be great to have distinct sounds for all enemy types.
Currently having the same sound for tigers and slaughterfishes is immersion breaking. I think there's another example with bears or orcs, but I'm not as sure.
I plan to find/create new sounds when I have time (this summer, hopefully). I would definitely be interested in establishing new sounds to differentiate enemies. Honestly, it seems like a time or space constraint by the developers rather than an artistic choice.
What these should sound like will be hotly contested, I'm sure. But that would be a fun thing to add.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Maybe someone asked this before but, is it possible to trace down the original sources of those clips? I know that at that time there was a bunch of those Sound FX CD's that many developer used in the 90`.

pango

Post by pango »

Hi Midknightprince,
Midknightprince wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 pm This is why I replaced the music, with ambient effects..

here are the results...
Its approx 269 mb unzipped, and thats with pangos soudclips..https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ui0Vh ... _rTQK17-ce

There's still a few songs, just the good ones (mixed in and overlaid on the ambience, not replacing)...
Now if you want to change them further, good luck, Daggerfall mixes it up with the music ( think the palace song outside Derrini Tower), and no birds tracts, it's gonna screw the game up..

I'm still debating doing ALL the dungeon tracts (as in putting music back in there, it's all ambience now except for DUNGEON1 (yep you know I'm leaving that one).

What do you guys think ?
Yeah I love it, just thought i'd get Yalls opine..
I need to take some time to experiment it myself...
You should really make a new thread with this mod to increase its visibility
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

VMblast wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:50 pm Maybe someone asked this before but, is it possible to trace down the original sources of those clips? I know that at that time there was a bunch of those Sound FX CD's that many developer used in the 90`.
My best bet would be Hanna Barbera Sound Effects
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

VMblast wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:50 pm Maybe someone asked this before but, is it possible to trace down the original sources of those clips? I know that at that time there was a bunch of those Sound FX CD's that many developer used in the 90`.
I've always thought it was Sound Ideas 6000.

pango

Post by pango »

Both were released in '92 and '93 by Sound Ideas, I recognized some sounds in HB's but they may share some effects (or Bethesda may have used both):
https://archive.org/details/88HorseSing ... Animal.mp3
https://archive.org/details/88HorseSing ... 2C+Cat.mp3
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cool, good detective work! :)

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

No idea where they originated, but if you ever watch the first episode of The Dragon Prince on Netflix, them doors are going to give you a serious case of association whiplash... :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Sound effects were very limited back in the early computer days. When I was a kid, I watched an episode of Rugrats where one of the kids was a cyborg that malfunctioned, playing the Doom door open and close sounds :?

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

pango wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:30 am Both were released in '92 and '93 by Sound Ideas, I recognized some sounds in HB's but they may share some effects (or Bethesda may have used both):
https://archive.org/details/88HorseSing ... Animal.mp3
https://archive.org/details/88HorseSing ... 2C+Cat.mp3
When can we look forward to hearing hi resolution versions of these in daggerfall
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.