[MOD] Daggerfall World Map

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jayhova

Re: Daggerfall Map Recreation

Post by jayhova »

I played around a bit in gimp with round dots and they look nice. DFU has at least 6-8 times as many pixels as classic. This makes a round marker not so hard to do. Assuming an 8x8 square a 8 diameter dot could be easily distinguished from a 10 diameter dot or from a 6. In any case the clickable area should stay the same so as not to make small areas more difficult to click on. In fact a round clickable area might be nicer.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Interesting, would be a good map mod Id say.
And I guess not so hard to do for someone with at least a basic skills

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Id say this is the final.. PSD https://mega.nz/#!nyZmXIKK!a69VEmPCbUn4 ... cUZpODyZMg
Spoiler!
04 - TravMap VMBlast.jpg
04 - TravMap VMBlast.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 4798 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

But my OCD... the lakes are wrong in 2 regions:D They will not fit, because in the local maps they look different...

The lakes in main map should look like lakes in local maps... makes sense Id say..

I can do that, if I get the map divided in the layers... VMBlast? :lol: Prefferably in PSD if possible, I dont use kaira... if thats the problem, I can send only the specific local maps with lakes which should be remade. Redraw should be a matter of max 1 hour is my guess.

These are the regions:
Spoiler!
FMAP0I48.IMG.png
FMAP0I48.IMG.png (44.95 KiB) Viewed 4787 times
FMAP0I51.IMG.png
FMAP0I51.IMG.png (52.85 KiB) Viewed 4787 times

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@King of Worms
Looking great, GJ! :D

My project map file has so many layers. Ill try to pull it out for you, but not in near future. It'll have to do it for now (as Im working and am focused on trees). Besides this map, as in the original DF, is representing stylized world map, that some Illiac Cartographer-Artist has made, on account of some stories - hear-say etc. :P

PS - Wait! Where to put this map file? I see new version of DFU, does it have custom map implementation in yet?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes, it works ingame now :)
And yea, no worries about the lakes mate...
If you dont use DFMODs than drop it like this (in my case)

C:\GAMES Install\Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures\Img

Name of the file is: TRAV0I00.IMG (must be png)

Ive made some necessary adjustments to the top border so it works with local/regional maps (there was a missing row of sprites)
so the latest version is here
https://mega.nz/#!y642iKoQ!Nu0PBzAoQdow ... HiJVq1X2M4

And as always, there are new problems :D

This red flashing part of the map showing where u are is 320*200 plus it has the original borders and yours are a bit different so it looks off
Damn :X I wonder how to edit these red flashing parts, because it is not in the textures :X
Im working on the buttons in the meantime, and report to The Lacus about non working upscaled buttons so he can repair it for us, classic chores... :roll: :D

Plus when I was working on the colors of the buttons Ive realized the homes have nice color on the button, but on the map they have same color as the towns, which makes it confusing
BUG.jpg
BUG.jpg (633.79 KiB) Viewed 4721 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

@King of Worms
Awesome thing. Thanks for the info. Works great! :)

Great work on the borders and the rest. 👍

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Looking at the maps, It's pretty clear where at least some of the rivers are. I was thinking it might be nice to make the political borders more translucent and add the rivers that comprise some of the physical borders on to the map.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

jayhova wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:02 pm Looking at the maps, It's pretty clear where at least some of the rivers are. I was thinking it might be nice to make the political borders more translucent and add the rivers that comprise some of the physical borders on to the map.
I can send you the map files :)
Because I dont know where the rivers are, and they are not shown in the regional maps, so it will be strange when on the global map you have a river, and than its not in a regional map nor ingame when you actually go there.

Its a good idea, dont get me wrong, just I dont see how to make it a reality... too many problems down the road.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:44 pm
I can send you the map files :)
Because I dont know where the rivers are, and they are not shown in the regional maps, so it will be strange when on the global map you have a river, and than its not in a regional map nor ingame when you actually go there.

Its a good idea, dont get me wrong, just I dont see how to make it a reality... too many problems down the road.
Actually they are easy to spot. You'll see at the Illiac bay end of the political border a river mouth. That is obviosly the end of a river and that river marks the boundary.