[MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
SirDetSilent

3D trees.

Post by SirDetSilent »

Any mods for 3d trees, ive seen them in videos but never found any mods for them.

BadLuckBurt

Re: 3D trees.

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Yes, it's in the Released Mods section

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1826
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

SirDetSilent

Post by SirDetSilent »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:04 pm Yes, it's in the Released Mods section

Got it they arent 3D.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

SirDetSilent wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:21 pm
BadLuckBurt wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:04 pm Yes, it's in the Released Mods section

Got it they arent 3D.
As written in the description, this mod is a work in progress and only replaces temperate woodland climate for now. 😉
Merged topics.

Soft and wet

Re: [MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

Post by Soft and wet »

I swear there used to be two daggerfall 3D tree mods
"Softo Ando Weto"Image

Bushed

Post by Bushed »

There is a problem,we players can walk inside the 3D trees.Maybe it shall called "Collision Size“,would there be a way to solve that?

And of course,thanks for your great effort on Daggerfall Unity :D

pango

Post by pango »

That's on purpose in the wilderness, because beside the added cost, it would just be inconvenient...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Bushed

Post by Bushed »

hope it could be updated :shock:

RealDave

Post by RealDave »

Fantastic mod, great work.
Couple of notes, in daggerfall city I kept bumping in to invisible objects. Was able to fix this by putting the mod above handpainted model replacements in the load order, thought I'd post it here since I didn't turn anything up when googleing.
Also for those with performance issues, I'm running a i5-3570 with a radeon r9-270 and was initially getting only ~18 fps vs 40 without. After some playing around I found that turning off real time reflections fixed the issue and now I'm getting around 40 again even with distance set to 4, definitely a worthwhile trade off.
Thanks again for the awesome work, any time frame on winter sets?

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

RealDave wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:25 pm Fantastic mod, great work.
Couple of notes, in daggerfall city I kept bumping in to invisible objects. Was able to fix this by putting the mod above handpainted model replacements in the load order, thought I'd post it here since I didn't turn anything up when googleing.
Also for those with performance issues, I'm running a i5-3570 with a radeon r9-270 and was initially getting only ~18 fps vs 40 without. After some playing around I found that turning off real time reflections fixed the issue and now I'm getting around 40 again even with distance set to 4, definitely a worthwhile trade off.
Thanks again for the awesome work, any time frame on winter sets?
I feel like this should be stickied somewhere important, because this seems to address two big issues:
  • Personally, I've had to disable Handpainted Model Replacements (or at least it's biggest piece) for some time because of strange invisible objects in my way. If this load order fixes that, WOOT!
  • I never would have expected Real-Time Reflections to interact with 3D Trees is an FPS crushing way, so great catch there. (I keep turning Real-Time Reflections on and off because apparently I'm too blind or too unsubtle to be able to see what it's actually doing...)
Anyway, thank you very much for sharing these results!

Off-topic for "Trees of Daggerfall", but on-topic for "where could we sticky this":
Would it be worthwhile to make a "mod interaction" topic or wiki page? Does one already exist and I missed it :oops: ? It would be a good place for things like this, and for discussions of using Distant Terrain with Mountains & Hills (I didn't realize until recently that it was meaningful to use both -- I assumed each one would override the other), and so forth... It's not game docs, and it's not really any particular mod's responsibility to document how it interacts with other mods, so we just need a place to go either when we're having problems or when we discover something important about these interactions.