[MOD] Vanilla MIDI OST - Music on a Roland Sound Canvas 55 V2.0

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Vanilla MIDI OST - Music on a Roland Sound Canvas 55 V1.01

Post by pango »

JohnBeavers wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 pm On line 670 of the Github file you sent, there is mention of FM version.
I not good at coding enough to understand if it is only mentionned or if it is used.

Can you explain it to me, please ?
Everything between /* and */, that is between lines 671-789 in this case, is commented out (and greyed out, when you look at the code on GitHub).
So it's not actually compiled into Daggerfall Unity, hence not used either.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

brujoloco

Post by brujoloco »

Tooootally love this mod! :D

I am the kind of guy that plays with MUNT in the background as I load Dosbox and play the good old games of yesteryear :)

So far I have not noticed the sudden increases beyond a certain tolerance for quick and abrupt music transitions and enjoying it greatly!

Love these type of mods! So good!

Keep up the good work man!

JohnBeavers

Post by JohnBeavers »

brujoloco wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 am I am the kind of guy that plays with MUNT in the background as I load Dosbox and play the good old games of yesteryear
I love how faithful is to the MT-32. I use both. Also Munt covers the later added sound effects and that is very cool for games like X-COM !
Monkey Island 1 theme on MT-32 for the win !
brujoloco wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:38 am So far I have not noticed the sudden increases beyond a certain tolerance for quick and abrupt music transitions and enjoying it greatly!

Love these type of mods! So good!

Keep up the good work man!
Thank you :) When I find time for that between my job and youtube and the rest, I'll work on making the archive lighter. After that I'll work on making the loop smoother for each track.
Here is my Youtube channel if you are ever interested (FR): https://www.youtube.com/user/JohnBeaversYT/

JohnBeavers

Post by JohnBeavers »

Here we go with version 2.0 !

I deleted all the unused files. The archive went from 782MB to 305MB ! Thank you to Pango for his help.

Later I'll work on improving the loops.
Here is my Youtube channel if you are ever interested (FR): https://www.youtube.com/user/JohnBeaversYT/

JohnBeavers

Re: [MOD] Vanilla MIDI OST - Music on a Roland Sound Canvas 55 V2.0

Post by JohnBeavers »

Opcero

Post by Opcero »

Man, I do not think people understand how hard these songs rock using the Roland. Its a personal preference of course, but nothing compares to this amazing quality. The snowy daytime theme in Daggerfall City is blowing me away!

Opcero

Post by Opcero »

edit: I was mistaken about how the mod gets used in the game. Thanks Pango!
Last edited by Opcero on Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Opcero wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:52 am NB!: I think if you want this mod to work correctly you have to set the SoundFont in the .ini to be filename.sf3 and not filename.sf2. Without this change only a few songs will make it through into the game.
No, that mod contains sampled tracks, the MIDI synthesizer of Daggerfall Unity (hence the soundfonts) are not used in this case.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart