[MOD] Daggerfall Skyshards

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Uncanny_Valley

Re: [MOD] Daggerfall Skyshards

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Hello.

Just to let you all know that I'm working on a update on this mod, but sadly the last month had been difficult for me due to personal real life stuff, so I haven't had the time or energy to spend on any Daggerfall modding.

Regarding the issue with objects spawning inside building or other places where there not suppose to. The way that Skyshards are placed, is that they are spawned way up in the sky and then moved down to the first object it finds (like terrain and buildings) and placed there. I use this method to ensure that the mod is compatible with mods that alter the terrain (like my Mountain and Hills mod). It seems though that it some instances the Skyshards are moved down before buildings (or their collision) has finished loading in. I haven't encountered this myself while working or testing the mod but this seems to definitely be the case. So, I'm hoping to find some fix for this with the next update.

Circuitous

Post by Circuitous »

Any nod to ESO is a worthy endeavor in my book. :D
Dracosophy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:30 am Great idea, though maybe at some point we can modify it to have a bit more lore/immersion purpose to it?
Hmm, off the top of my head I'm thinking maybe when you join a Temple or something you're either required to have found a certain number of shards for that God/guild, or maybe it unlocks shards of that God/guild (they tell you how to identify them which then reveals them in a specific color-light that is unique to that God?)
Skyshards are established in The Elder Scrolls Online as shards of Aetherius itself. The Vestige (the PC) can attune themselves to its energy, and finding three of them gets you a skill point. Here's some of the dialogue from your first Skyshard encounter, for context:
...But first you must re-attune yourself to Nirn in order to regain your physical form. To do this, you will need a skyshard.
A shard of Aetherial magicka that carries the essence of Nirn. Some link them to Lorkhan, the missing god of creation. If you collect and absorb its power, it should restore your corporeal form. I will summon one of these shards for you to absorb.
Shard of Aetherius, fall upon us now and anoint us with your blessing.
There's even a handy lore article on the UESP.

Nomadic Wolf

Post by Nomadic Wolf »

Is this mod no longer working for the latest update of dfu? After updating all of the skyshards have disappeared frim my gane even though I tried after reinstalling this mod.

pango

Post by pango »

According to git bisect it broke between 0.10.17 and 0.10.18 after commit 6892f8d
PR #1655
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Just saw it working in a 0.10.22 stream, just coming out of Privateers Hold:
https://www.twitch.tv/kduxstream/video/ ... 77?t=50m3s

Not sure what to think of it...
-- Charles Goodhart

brofin

Post by brofin »

About to play Daggerfall for the first time.... Realllllly looking forward to having this mod fixed! I love having more reasons to explore =)

OMightyBuggy

Post by OMightyBuggy »

Just getting back into Daggerfall Unity again after a break and one of my favorite mods no longer works after updating.

sebastian7

Post by sebastian7 »

I concur with everyone else! I miss this one! No rush to update it of course I'm sure you're busy with important projects.
Check out my let's play series of modded daggerfall where I showcase all the great work people here have done: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hwqq1ioAdW

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Updated mod
  • Updated to work for Daggerfall Unity 10.25
  • Added 24 more Skyshard (for a total of 192), most of which can be found in more easier to find locations
  • Tweaked the size of the lightbeam to make the Skyshard easier to see from a distance
  • Optimized the graphics and code for better performance

pango

Post by pango »

Thanks! :)
-- Charles Goodhart