[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

Ok, tested it and got the same.

The "Temperature has shifted" message is there to make you aware that you cross into a new climate zone, the weather has shifted drastically etc.

Problem is, when you start the game, the values are all set at zero. Then it calculates the new values and see that it's a big difference from the last value ( which was zero ), so gives the warning. I think I'll have to make a few adjustments to that code.

The fact that you get wet is a bit weird. I suspect the clothing etc is not quite finished loading in by the time the mod runs through its calculations. You receive a single point of wetness when loading the save. Which is what would happen if you had your hood down instead of up.
1 point makes almost no difference, so I might just adjust the text warning to only pop up if you have several points of wetness.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

What happend to the mead ?
did you take the mead out or do I gotta sail up north just to drink the mead ?
Tell me you didn't completely take the mead out please..
Yes, I love this mod, you're a genius, but still (and perhaps even more so) this begs the question, where is the mead ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I’d never take out the mead. You got to find a place that serves it though. Which is mostly in the north.

While up there I can recommend popping by a cheap tavern in Orsinium for some orc grog ;)

LimetasticSlushy

Post by LimetasticSlushy »

Would it be possible to decouple temperature from location and instead have it handled by location-specific weather patterns? Maybe then there could be additional modularity as well- people could make mods that add new weather types, and assign temperature/wetness/dryness to them. Also, possibly more importantly, you could maybe make it so it doesn't rain so much in the middle of a desert lmao

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

LimetasticSlushy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:32 pm Heck, that's a good idea imo if you could pull it off, maybe there could be enchantments that modify the heat/cold protection of items and/or the overall outfit the player is wearing.
I've found it weird in this high magic world that I can't cast a spell to keep myself warm when swimming or something or to dry off if I accidentally get stuck in the rain with my hood down. (Though the later can at least be somewhat fixed if I remember to have some camp gear with me I suppose)

Don't even know if the mod system would allow for that, but there's large segments of dungeons I haven't explored because I can't figure out how to swim without freezing. I suppose some heal fatigue spamming might work, but since it starts to hit your magicka as well, that's fairly limited.

Unless there's some piece of clothing I haven't noticed that doubles as a 'wet suit'. :lol:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Best thing you can do at the moment is cast Frost Resistance of Fire Resistance. That should give you some protection as long as the spell lasts.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Hey is this no longer adjustable?

id like to soften some of the effects

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Not at the moment no. I might reintroduce mod settings at some point, but while developing the mod it got to be too many potential variables to balance it for.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:55 am Not at the moment no. I might reintroduce mod settings at some point, but while developing the mod it got to be too many potential variables to balance it for.
ok thanks, hopefully that is available in the future.

Is it ok to install/uninstall on a current playthrough? No weirdness occurs? and is there something i need to do to activate it or does it just start (i havent noticed any features not working though)

thanks