[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

If it's too hot or cold, you can die while unconcious. Unfortunately the text does not reflect that.

What most likely happened was that time shifted to night, it got colder, and you froze to death while unconcious.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Are there any tips or tricks for fatigue management anywhere. I know there are some of you that enjoy the hardcore experience, and that's nice that you guys are vocal about that, but I'm even after taking out a loan to buy a horse & wagon my character is still losing a lot of fatigue in a very short amount of time. As far as the weather is concerned it's cold & sunny, and nothing in the info tab is stating that I'm cold in any way. With roleplay & realism I know that you can't have too carry too much otherwise you'll take a penalty. So I'm keeping my chain cuirass on my wagon & not carrying too much of anything else. How frequently do I need to eat? Combing through the comments I see that certain food items fill you up more than others, and the same can be said for the food purchased at inns. How long do they keep you filled up exactly? It's like my character goes an hour or two outside of town, and I need to set up camp already, or spam a heal fatigue spell & then set up camp again.

Edit: I'm very confused as to what's going on now. My travels now are more or less normal. My fatigue loss is nowhere near as bad as it was before. Not sure how sure what happened, but things are manageable now.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Well, most likely it’s a couple of things:

If you’re a bit too cold or hot you’ll incurr a small fatigue drain. So try putting on a bit more clothes. Pull up the hoods of your cloaks if you haven’t.

If you are not traveling by road or path, you incurr a small fatigue penalty. Not a lot by itself, but it adds up.

A full meal lasts 3 hours. It will then tell you that your stomache rumbles. During trips, stop regularly to eat, or eat meat, fish, bread and fruit you buy in stores. Note that you can always top-up your fullness by eating more.
Also, use the Info function (default key i ) to check if you are invigorated or not.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Hello great mod really, adds a lot of realism and immersion ! 8-)

One small thing though : I find the "rations bag" a bit "OverPowered". It lasts more than a week and its dead cheap, seems a bit "magical". Also probably a bit light for all the food it contains. Now of course I get that you didn't want the mod to be too "extreme", but maybe an option with an "hardcore" setting would be cool. Price could really be raised, so that buying your food isn't so easy, and hunting becomes an interesting alternative (with the downside you have to eat your venison fresh, while rations are designed to last long).

An other possibility would be to introduce some cooking (because eating raw meat isn't very healthy, there should be a chance to catch a nasty bacteria - or virus, after all, there is a strong suspicion that the COVID outbreak started in a raw food market in China where they sold living or dead wild animals).

On cooking, the key ingredient should be Salt. Of course, salt makes the food more tasty, but it also has a lot of beneficial effects (antiseptic) that allow to preserve meat, especially if used in large quantities. Salt was extremely important in the Middle Ages - in France, until the 1789 revolution and modern times, the King raised a specific tax for it, the "Gabelle" (each peasant had to pay the tax to get salt, which was as essential as water or bread). And the local feudal Lord could decide that he should do the same and add a tax on the tax :lol:

Here's a link about that tax, good historical stuff : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabelle
"Because the gabelle affected all French citizens (for use in cooking, for preserving food, for making cheese, and for raising livestock) and propagated extreme regional disparities in salt prices, the salt tax stood as one of the most hated and grossly unequal forms of revenue generation in the country's history."
So salt should be used to do everything (or you take your chance with a disease dice roll - Endurance/Luck, so that a barbarian with END 90 has better chances than a Mage with END 30 ? - ), and it should be quite expensive (the tax thing). Rations are basically food that has already been salted and cooked, so yes, they should be somewhat expensive.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

N_Molson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:49 pm Hello great mod really, adds a lot of realism and immersion ! 8-)

One small thing though : I find the "rations bag" a bit "OverPowered". It lasts more than a week and its dead cheap, seems a bit "magical". Also probably a bit light for all the food it contains. Now of course I get that you didn't want the mod to be too "extreme", but maybe an option with an "hardcore" setting would be cool. Price could really be raised, so that buying your food isn't so easy, and hunting becomes an interesting alternative (with the downside you have to eat your venison fresh, while rations are designed to last long).
I recently rebalanced food quite heavily. I'm not sure if you're using that version?
Ration are now 5kg and you eat 1kg per day. In addition, enemies drop a lot less food than they used to and hunting events give a lot less meat than they used to. The other day I actually ran out of rations while exploring a dungeons and had to survive on what I could get off my enemies. I ate a rat :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

yabay wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:49 pm I support what is described in the previous post.
And it also seems to me that the prices for rooms in taverns should be 6-10 times higher than the average price of dishes (i.e. a 3-star tavern, an average dish of 10 coins, a room of 60 coins; a 5-star tavern, an average dish of 20 coins, a room of 200 coins ).
I actually agree. I got complaints about the room prices because they made quest rewards actually wind up as negative sums, because the travel cost more than the reward. Which honestly is partially because of the stupid way the quest system doesn't select targets that are closer to you. And doesn't adjust (as far as I know) the reward based on distance.

I might go back and look at these prices again. I adjusted down all the menu prices when I adjusted down the room prices. But I might actually adjust down some food items slightly more and then yank up the room prices a bit.
After all, with the new tent code, it is now a completely viable option to sleep in your tent if you don't want to pay for an expensive room.

Gilga

Post by Gilga »

Thanks for the mod, but I have a question.
Why does character have to die from exhaustion even if he's not found guilty and released?