[MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

Post by Ralzar »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:12 pm
Ralzar wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:04 pm
ZerioctheTank wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:47 pm I swear I'll always appreciate having a wagon after this struggle. 8k for a wagon is killing me, but I'm loving every minute of it.
Or, you could just NOT buy a wagon ;)
After the struggle of walking halfway across Daggerfall during winter my guy managed to save up enough to buy a wagon. No way in hell I'll be walking from one end of the country to the other lol.
Well, that's what a horse is for. The wagon by itself is super slow anyway. As my mage discovered as she failed one quest after another due to using only wagon, not being able to fight wilderness encounters and taking too long to get to quest objectives and back :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

First run with this mod and i got 20k worth of loot from Privateer's Hold and i did not even loot it completely as i ran out of space. :D . Just got lucky and found loads of books and magical items.
Edit: Character also had quite high mercantile at start.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:47 pm I swear I'll always appreciate having a wagon after this struggle. 8k for a wagon is killing me, but I'm loving every minute of it.
Eight grand? What? It's set to 4k and a horse (good for riding faster instead of a cart horse) is 6k.

Does it really show up as 8k in your game, or is your mercantile skill awful and you're in a top quality general store?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:42 pm
Eight grand? What? It's set to 4k and a horse (good for riding faster instead of a cart horse) is 6k.

Does it really show up as 8k in your game, or is your mercantile skill awful and you're in a top quality general store?
My mercantile was really low at the beginning. By the time I was able to afford a wagon I was able to get one for a little over 5k. Now it's a possibility that I was in a high end store, so the price was higher than normal when I tried to buy a wagon.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:35 pm First run with this mod and i got 20k worth of loot from Privateer's Hold and i did not even loot it completely as i ran out of space. :D . Just got lucky and found loads of books and magical items.
*Takes notes*

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:44 pm
Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:35 pm First run with this mod and i got 20k worth of loot from Privateer's Hold and i did not even loot it completely as i ran out of space. :D . Just got lucky and found loads of books and magical items.
*Takes notes*
Yeah, feedback with actual numbers etc are really valuable for balancing this mod. Thanks Seferoth, keep it up. Hopefully others will share their experience too. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:51 pm
Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:44 pm
*Takes notes*
Yeah, feedback with actual numbers etc are really valuable for balancing this mod. Thanks Seferoth, keep it up. Hopefully others will share their experience too. :)
I made another character just to check out the loot again in Privateer's hold and only got like 4k worth of items with full inventory(decent mercantile). So, i think it's fine, like i said i think i just got really lucky with the loot...which should be a thing, i mean you should still be able to get great loot if you just happen to be lucky. :) . Will post more more updates as i start to dungeon crawl more actively, just started with this new character so not many dungeons behind yet.
Edit: I suppose i should have posted what i actually got as gold instead of their total value? So yes i got 20850 as total, and when i sold them i got about 10k as gold, with this second character i found 4235 worth loot and got 2150.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

You were very likely in a laberatory. They have a high book chance and decent relic and magic items. The only potentially better is Dragons Den dungeons.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:21 pm You were very likely in a laberatory. They have a high book chance and decent relic and magic items. The only potentially better is Dragons Den dungeons.
No, this was Privateer's Hold, the tutorial dungeon.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm... what even IS Privateers Hold?