[MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

[MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

Post by Ralzar »

LevelUp Adjuster

Download

LevelUpAdjusterSettings.jpg
LevelUpAdjusterSettings.jpg (268.11 KiB) Viewed 7473 times

NOTE: If you use other mods that use the formula override functions for the same mechanics, you can avoid mod conflicts by simply not activating those parts of the LevelUp Adjuster.

This is an experimental mod.
I have not run into any bugs with it so far, but no guarantees that this will not mess up your character.

Adjust Maximum and Minimum possible Attribute Points when leveling up.

Adjust Maximum and Minimum possible Hit Points when leveling up.

Activate median HP rolls to always receive the median between the Minimum and Maximum HP you have set.

Activate retroactive Endurance Bonus to have your HP update with your new Endurance bonus for all previous levels.

Adjust the maximum possible Attribute number.

Change Leveling Speed (Temporarily removed.)

Curved Leveling
Activate this to have the game give you a higher amount of Attribute Points at low levels and then fewer and fewer points as you level up. This is intended to make the early game slightly easier and make it much harder to just max out all Attributes at high levels.

Plans

Spell Points
I might do something with Spell Points. Currently Max Spell Points is:
INT * multiplier = maxSP
I might change this to giving extra SP for each spellcasting skill you have as Primary or Major. Perhaps:
((INT/2) + #Primary*10 + #Major*5) * multiplier = maxSP
or:
(INT * multiplier) + #Primary*10 + #Major*5 = maxSP
I could also just stright up give the ability to increase the maxSP as you level up. Perhaps add Level*10 to maxSP.
Also, I need to take look at how SP updates for increased INT at level up. Maybe this can be used for END bonus as well.

Spell Point Regen
Add a checkbox for regenerating SP. SP will regen fast when allmost full and regen slow when allmost used up.
if (SP < maxSP)
{
int regenSP = SP / maxSP;
int multiplierSP = maxSP / 4;
AddSP(halfMaxSP * regenSP)
}

Github
Attachments
lvlup.PNG
lvlup.PNG (813.8 KiB) Viewed 9891 times
Last edited by Ralzar on Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:45 am, edited 11 times in total.

mikeprichard

Re: [MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

Post by mikeprichard »

I just checked in on the forums after several weeks away, and WOW! I'm so glad and grateful you were able to get to this as you said you would. This looks fantastic, and will never be leaving my DFU - goodbye, hated level-up RNG! :D

My only suggestion, which I think I'd mentioned when you first said you'd do this earlier, is to include the retroactive HP gains for END feature already implemented in an alpha mod by another user a year ago: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=277&start=70#p21919. If you're willing and able to do that, this would be the perfect comprehensive level-up mechanic mod in my book; it will do everything I was originally hoping for (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1893&p=22903#p22903) and more. Either way, thank you for this contribution!

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Just as I was hoping someone would update chtujo's Bad Higher DFU Attributes mod that no longer worked after DFU 0.10.15 or 0.10.16, And you release this. This is fantastic, great job.

Baler

Post by Baler »

ooh I like this a lot!
Works great and covers a wide range of things I enjoy min/maxing :twisted:
Will be using in my load order thank you!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

mikeprichard wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:38 am I just checked in on the forums after several weeks away, and WOW! I'm so glad and grateful you were able to get to this as you said you would. This looks fantastic, and will never be leaving my DFU - goodbye, hated level-up RNG! :D

My only suggestion, which I think I'd mentioned when you first said you'd do this earlier, is to include the retroactive HP gains for END feature already implemented in an alpha mod by another user a year ago: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=277&start=70#p21919. If you're willing and able to do that, this would be the perfect comprehensive level-up mechanic mod in my book; it will do everything I was originally hoping for (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1893&p=22903#p22903) and more. Either way, thank you for this contribution!

Thank you :)

I had actually clean forgot about that mod or that mechanic. I will take a look at that later this week hopefully. I think I can see how to do that relatively easily.

Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Great mod. Thanks for directing me here.

How come skills can't go past 100?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Tes96 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:04 pm Great mod. Thanks for directing me here.

How come skills can't go past 100?
I have not looked at skills, so I really don’t have an idea.
This mod uses a specific function that a set of formulas in the code has. Skill limits were not part of that code, so I haven’t really looked at it.

Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

I can't level up on new characters now.
My old saves can level up still but new ones just keep progressing in skills and no level up. Why is that?

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:26 am
mikeprichard wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:38 am I just checked in on the forums after several weeks away, and WOW! I'm so glad and grateful you were able to get to this as you said you would. This looks fantastic, and will never be leaving my DFU - goodbye, hated level-up RNG! :D

Thank you :)

I had actually clean forgot about that mod or that mechanic. I will take a look at that later this week hopefully. I think I can see how to do that relatively easily.
Nice! Looking forward to even more good stuff here.

Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

So this mod just levels up once, for either new characters or saved ones. After that, it'll say 93% to next level progression on my character sheet. And when I get another skill increase, the level stays the same, and the progression says 6%, as if it already passed the next level. Except I don't get any level up screens.

It levels up once, for both saved and new, and after that, it doesn't work. I just keep making skill gains and the % is tracked in my level screen, but I'm not leveling up.