[Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
l3lessed

Re: [Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

Post by l3lessed »

No problem. My pleasure. If I'm understand how your mod works, my code patches should not cause any issues for your users or mine; I merely stop the enemy effect helper from kicking on if blocked and 0 out the damage before it gets returned.

I actually think these mods will play together well, player experience wise. Gets us one step to a more modern feel to combat.

And thanks for all the help. You helped me figure out a ton of things I wasn't considering other developers may need to know. Been working on my stuff so long, I forgot some basic things I was already doing or did. Could not of got the Patch-O-Rama release done without you. :D
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

l3lessed wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:39 pm No problem. My pleasure. If I'm understand how your mod works, my code patches should not cause any issues for your users or mine; I merely stop the enemy effect helper from kicking on if blocked and 0 out the damage before it gets returned.

I actually think these mods will play together well, player experience wise. Gets us one step to a more modern feel to combat.

And thanks for all the help. You helped me figure out a ton of things I wasn't considering other developers may need to know. Been working on my stuff so long, I forgot some basic things I was already doing or did. Could not of got the Patch-O-Rama release done without you. :D
Only "issue" design wise with our two mods active at the same time is that your active blocking system will be in effect, as well as my passive blocking system, which over-time will probably significantly reduce incoming damage pretty largely, but hey, if people feel it's too easy, I can always just remove my passive blocking system entirely.

It can be good to get another perspective when making some things as you said, I've made guides for stuff before and they take a lot of effort, more than people might expect, lol.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Well, since you only sent me the Windows version I assume for that .dfmod file. I'm going to rebuild this after extracting from text for all versions, but while i'm doing that, I may as well remove the passive shield code and fix the problem I just said, otherwise our mods should go together pretty well balance wise as well, lol.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Sorry, I guess I should setup the build for linux and mac too.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

l3lessed wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:36 am Sorry, I guess I should setup the build for linux and mac too.
It's fine, I just commented out and default falsed out my passive shield blocking code method, so this was probably necessary anyway. I usually build for all three operating system just for the sake of when somebody will inevitable ask "Can you upload a Linux version please?"

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Alright, the compatibility version is now live on the Nexus page under "Optional Files." Hopefully my big bolded description is clear enough what that version is specifically made for.

I tested this in my live build and it worked, but if you want to test it as well just to make sure, feel free obviously.

Quick link if you need it: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/76
Last edited by Magicono43 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for putting that up. Glad to keep it under you mod too.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Updated Version Compatible With DFU v0.10.25, on 7/19/2020.

WARNING: WILL NOT WORK in older DFU versions, at or before 0.10.24.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Update Version 1.20, on 7/24/2020.

Read the main forum thread for full patch notes and info.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Rebuilt the newest v1.20 of this mod in the older Unity environment. So if you are still using DFU v0.10.24, you can get the version of this mod compatible with that under the "Old versions" tab of the file download tab.