No Rush Main Quest

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

No Rush Main Quest

Post by Jay_H »

This is a quest hack I submitted in December that's intended to remove all timers from Daggerfall's main quest. I didn't open a thread then since it wasn't a big release, but I'm creating one now for purposes of support -- to the extent I can provide any.

Nexus Link

dj--alex

Re: No Rush Main Quest

Post by dj--alex »

Official quest have timers????
IT not displayed nowhere even in logbook.

this mod included in official pack D.r.e.a.m?

i plays original Unity version 0.23 + Dr.e.a.m mod

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It is not included in DREAM.

The main quest's timers are things like returning to Aubk'i after seeing Nulfaga in 90 days, or returning to Morgiah after going to Scourg Barrow in 30 days. This quest hack eliminates such time limits.

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Thanks for the Mod, which will be very helpful for some people (not for myself as I am a constant Recall user :lol: ).

Did you also remove those lines in the journal, which tell you the quest time?
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah, now everything just says stuff like "I need to get back to Morgiah" instead of "I need to get back to Morgiah in 30 days," and so on. All numbers are removed.

Kyosho

Post by Kyosho »

The description on Nexus says this mod hasn't been fully tested yet, but that description was (I think) last updated in February. Has there been any more testing since then? Anyone played through the main quest entirely? Granted, I know there's quite a few ways to do the MQ, so testing would be a hassle. Just curious if anyone has yet.

I've never actually done the main quest personally(but plan to), so if some event doesn't happen that should, etc., I wouldn't know. I'm a bit hesitant for that reason.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No feedback from anyone yet! That could be good, but people rarely give feedback about quests anyway. I say stick with the ordinary version for your first time, then try this later.

Kyosho

Post by Kyosho »

Ah, okay, thank you.

Kokey

Post by Kokey »

The vanilla quest S0000007 was updated, so installing this will revert the changes to when you made the mod. Don't know how hard would it be to update it, but just giving a warning to whoever ends up here like I did.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's a good warning, thanks. I'm not actively updating this mod (might later on, we'll see), but that's something important to keep in mind.