I'll be releasing the shield module as a stand alone mod, so I will keep its development tracked under this thread.
Currently works by converting and drawing a shield png on the users UI. From their, I use offsets to give it animation appearances.
- Complete: Basic Animations:Raise, Lower, Hold, Walk Bob, On Attack, & On Hit, On Hit Vulnerable.
- Complete: Formula Helper Override to Block Damage and redirect the damage to fatigue cost.
- Complete: All animations are built with and controlled by coroutines to ensure animation accuracy and smoothness; also allows for more complicated animation transitions.
- Complete: Alternative hand detection and swap shield.
- Complete: Detect if shield is equipped to allow for blocking at all.
- Complete: Detect if buckler/targe or kite/heater and load appropriate shield texture..
- Complete: Tie fatigue costs and shield raise/lower speed to enemy damage and block skills for scaling.
- Complete: Adjustable Mod settings to allow player full control of mod balance/properties, including turning on and off shield bobbing.
- Complete: Basic Timed block mechanics for all shields. If you block and attack right before you finish raising your shield, you will do increased knock back, and have a chance of a slight stun and enemy hit animation.
- Complete: Animation manager controls animation coroutines; ensures only one coroutine thread is running at a time and animations transition from one another smoothly.
- Complete: Make buckler unique. It will not be holdable, but will have a very large time block window and raise and lower much quicker than all the other shields. All successful timed blocks with it will also activate an automatic shield bash that deflects % of enemy damage based on the timing of the block. Closer to end frame = more damage.
- Complete: Added audio feedback hits and raising shield.
- Complete: Added a weapon management system as part of the shield mechanics system.
- Complete: Classic animation mimic system to blend mod into original df.
- Complete: Added a shield bash that heaters and kites can do. Knocks enemies back and damages them based on strength; cost noticeable stamina if spammed.
- Complete: Setup proper namespace and class objects and properties for other developers/modders to use for patches and sub-features.
- Complete: Setup developer documentation for creating sub-mods and patches.
- Complete: Setup developer package with documentation to support developer sub-mods and patches.
- Make Tower shield unique can be placed, like real tower shields. This could allow the player to create cover if fighting multiple enemies, including ranged variations or control the flow of battle and positioning.
Again, thanks to Olgimpy & Daggerdude on the shield art work. They provided the shield art.