[MOD] Realistic Wagon

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Realistic Wagon

Post by Ralzar »

Not at the moment. I agree, it's a bit awkward.

If we ever get the ability to make more buttons in popups. Instead of just YES/NO I could fix that by simply giving you several options. At the moment it feels like anything I do to fix one awkward situation will just create another awkward situation :D

I might look into making a separate hitched wagon status. If you have both wagon and horse and you switch to foot: it could leave the wagon and horse coupled. Where anything you clicked on would count as clicking on the wagon.
That will take quite a bit of extra coding though.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

CandyGames

Post by CandyGames »

Hey, I really like the mod idea, and I think it's pretty well done in most parts, but I'm not that big of a fan of overbearing RPG elements. Being able to get off your horse is fun, but I'm not sure I very much like being forced to get off my horse every time I want to go on foot. Do you think it would be possible to create a "lite" version of this mod where getting off the horse is bound to a key instead of activating whenever you go on foot, and you can still take the horse with you on foot like normal? Or maybe make it a setting of some sort in the current mod?

Other than that, some other things: keep the horse naming functionality, I like that. Also, If you think a lite version is a good idea, maybe disable the cart detatch and just detatch the horse? The cart detatch doesn't seem to work very well for me and in a lite version where it doesn't affect the normal gameplay I would prefer some way to turn that off.

I really like being able to actually get off your horse, so I'm liking where this mod is right now! Keep up the good work! :D

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Is there any way you can add a lantern to this, maybe make it light up at night ?
It's the only thing I really want in this mud now, just a suggestion I guess if you can do it..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Turns out this was a issue of Roleplay and Realism mod...
Spoiler!
Hi, this mods is not compatible with Roleplay & realism.

That mods ads sprinting for horse riding, and other quite useful and nice things in general for horses, so its a go-to mod for enhanced horse experience :)

Now with your mod - which I like a lot - when I mount a horse and press SHIFT to run on it, it slows the horse down while changing the sound to a horse running (that is ok in a sense)

Expected behavior would be the horse running faster. The issue is 100% caused by the interaction of these two mods, when I disable Roleplay, its "solved" (horse doesnt run)

Load order doesnt matter - tested
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Small update to v0.5.3

Text is now HUD top text instead of a text box.

If you mount your horse and you are next to the wagon, you also hitch the wagon.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Realistic Wagon v0.6.0

Sugar Lumps item added that can summon your horse.
Wagon damage added based on off/on road, climate and load.
Wagon Parts item added for repairing the wagon.
My released mods

-FuzzyBeanPlays

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for update :)
I just hope Hazelnut will find time to update and debug his horse mechanics in R&R so horse sprinting is re-implemented.
That way all the horse mods are perfect.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:31 pm Thanks for update :)
I just hope Hazelnut will find time to update and debug his horse mechanics in R&R so horse sprinting is re-implemented.
That way all the horse mods are perfect.
I did, and submitted a DFU PR. :) Hopefully it will be in the next release of DFU.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, very happy to hear that 👍