[MOD] Torch Taker

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Torch Taker

Post by Hazelnut »

The player based light is an enhancement I made to DFU and the messages are not something Ralzars mod can alter.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:07 pm The player based light is an enhancement I made to DFU and the messages are not something Ralzars mod can alter.
I would like to be able to disable such messages.

PanYT

Post by PanYT »

How do I pick the torch exactly? Go into grab mode and left click? Nothing happens for me.

Does this work for wall torches and stand up torches?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

It does not work for stand up torches at this time. I’ve been thinking of trying to add that.

Are you using Handpainted Models? I have gotten some reports that this mod does not work with HPM.

PanYT

Post by PanYT »

Yes I am using HPM. Moving your mod to first or last place doesn't seem to work as well.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

TDI: Torch Taker works with HPM. Just tested it and with newest HPM it works fine.

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:18 am TDI: Torch Taker works with HPM. Just tested it and with newest HPM it works fine.
I just tried to use Torch Taker with the new version of HPM and it shows me the message saying that I took the torch and sticks a torch in my inventory, but the torch model remains mounted on the wall allowing me to keep taking the same torch over and over again for some reason.

Is there a new version of TT I need to install for it to work properly or something? :0
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:45 pm
Ralzar wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:18 am TDI: Torch Taker works with HPM. Just tested it and with newest HPM it works fine.
I just tried to use Torch Taker with the new version of HPM and it shows me the message saying that I took the torch and sticks a torch in my inventory, but the torch model remains mounted on the wall allowing me to keep taking the same torch over and over again for some reason.

Is there a new version of TT I need to install for it to work properly or something? :0
Nope, with the newest version of HPM it works just fine for me.

Try moving Torch Taker and HPM in the mod list?

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:02 am
imsobadatnicknames wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:45 pm

Nope, with the newest version of HPM it works just fine for me.

Try moving Torch Taker and HPM in the mod list?
I am also getting infinite torch pickups with latest versions of DFU and both mods on Windows regardless of mod load order.

Are you maybe testing it out on an updated unreleased version of torch taker?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:07 am Are you maybe testing it out on an updated unreleased version of torch taker?
Dammit, you were right. Kinda.

I was using the same code, but built in 0.10.26.

Updated Torch Taker on Nexus to v1.0.6 now.

This time it HAS to work! :D