[Mod] Limited Gold Shops

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
phantasmald

Re: [Mod] Limited Gold Shops

Post by phantasmald »

When you put in an item to be repaired, the cost is substracted from the Merchant's gold reserves, often putting them into negatives. Is this intended? Feels unintuitive.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

phantasmald wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:24 pm When you put in an item to be repaired, the cost is substracted from the Merchant's gold reserves, often putting them into negatives. Is this intended? Feels unintuitive.
No, if what you state is how it's happening, it's not intended and is a bug. The gold reserve should never go negative under normal circumstances, something I must have overlooked, or got bugged in a recent DFU build update, that is also possible.

phantasmald

Post by phantasmald »

That is what's happening on my end. Even tested it with a fresh, new save file with only this mod enabled to make sure it wasn't some other mod somehow conflicting and got the same result.

I checked out your code and I'm fairly certain the issue is in TradeUpdateShopGold function, at line 135 (LimitedGoldShops.cs). There should be a "|| mode == DaggerfallTradeWindow.WindowModes.Repair" there. As it stands currently, the repair event goes into the else branch at line 151, deducting gold instead of adding.

Though you prob figured this out yourself already.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

phantasmald wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:27 pm That is what's happening on my end. Even tested it with a fresh, new save file with only this mod enabled to make sure it wasn't some other mod somehow conflicting and got the same result.

I checked out your code and I'm fairly certain the issue is in TradeUpdateShopGold function, at line 135 (LimitedGoldShops.cs). There should be a "|| mode == DaggerfallTradeWindow.WindowModes.Repair" there. As it stands currently, the repair event goes into the else branch at line 151, deducting gold instead of adding.

Though you prob figured this out yourself already.
Yeah, that is most likely the case. I had sworn I took into account the repair system when I made the mod, but maybe that is just some false memories from having working on it quite some time ago at this point, thanks for the report though, when I get a chance i'll see about releasing an updated version, I've been distracted mostly by my overhaul project i'm currently working on.

abelyuta

Post by abelyuta »

Love the mod but doesn't work with 0.10.26.
Last edited by abelyuta on Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

abelyuta wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:51 pm Love the mod but doesn't work with 0.10.26.
It should, I created a 10.26 version and tested it way back during that version. If you have the "Inventory Filter" mod than you have to put it "Above" the Limited Gold Shops mod in the load order, otherwise it won't show up in the trade windows.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released updated version for DFU Beta 0.11.1, courtesy of Kab the Bird Ranger on the forums. I have not tested this myself, this update fixes a bug that would take gold supply away from shops you repaired items at, instead of adding to their supply, thanks Kab.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Uploaded a "mod showcase" for this mod. Gives some details on how it works in-practice, and some future plans for it.

Last edited by Magicono43 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

I think im going to add this on my next playthrough, along with adding back non instant repairs.

I played some arena for a bit and that was something that made me explore the city, and gave purpose to it rather than a place to stop for a second.

If the notice board mod gets finished (or is it?) the gameplay loop would be dungeon-tavern/repair-take town quests-sell repaired loot-invest/restock.

Makes choosing a city way more purposeful.

This is a mod that will help make the cities feel real. Maybe something similar can be done with taverns?

also is there a way to mark which shops youve invested in?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Regnier wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:32 pm I think im going to add this on my next playthrough, along with adding back non instant repairs.

I played some arena for a bit and that was something that made me explore the city, and gave purpose to it rather than a place to stop for a second.

If the notice board mod gets finished (or is it?) the gameplay loop would be dungeon-tavern/repair-take town quests-sell repaired loot-invest/restock.

Makes choosing a city way more purposeful.

This is a mod that will help make the cities feel real. Maybe something similar can be done with taverns?

also is there a way to mark which shops youve invested in?
I guess the closest thing would be some of the changes made by Climates & Calories involving the taverns, but outside that can't think of any at the moment. There is currently not any way to "track" in-game what shops you have invested it, but I guess you could use the notebook feature in-game and just type the name of the shop and the town it is located in. Also you could look at your save-file and see which shops are there permanently if you wanted to look at the mod save-data text file.