[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by Hazelnut »

Midknightprince wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:05 pm
Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:47 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 am No mods but Travel options & Better ambience (tried changing load order, and yes I can hear the horse and wagon)..
So tell me I'm hallucinating ?
--
Damn, your right. I tested it some more in my game and with "Annoying sounds" enabled I can only hear footsteps during 'time accelerated travel' when Better Ambience is disabled.

So yes, from what I can tell, there is indeed something causing Travel Options to be unable to use modded footstep sounds.
See if you can duplicate this: when you're on the dirt paths and you use the travel option you go really slow, if you push forward on the keyboard you go at the default speed you have set but if you let it off you go at a snail's pace literally...
I usually use it at one time speed so try at 1 and see what happens but I think it's at all speeds it's just more noticeable at 1...
yeah auto-travelling on dirt roads is slower, if you're using accel x1 you can see this. It gives a 20% benefit to travelling on roads.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Hazelnut, I remade the graphics for Travel Options, but cant get it in the game. Is is possible to inject as a loose files? I think my comment got burried with the footsteps issues... its few pages back at page 7... I want to make DREAM enhance the Travel Options - Thank you :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yep, pretty sure it got buried and trampled on there. :) Sorry I've not been paying much attention recently.

I'll see if these are replaceable using loose files, but will you not just add them into a dream dfmod or would you rather just do it as a separate download of loose files?

I can also look at having an option to change the pixel size thing for cities and towns. It does surprise me though, so which size would you like to be used for all? Large or small?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

No worries. I would like to add he high res tabs to Dream - Hud and be activated in case your mod is installed. If they work as loose files, it should be easy.

Ad the pixel size.. the small towns are just a dots on my pc. Look like 1 pixel. Too small. Id like to have a option to disable that change. And make em the same size as other bigger cities if possible..

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

So I successfully replaced the TO control UI image with your hi res version and it works, kinda.

Firstly the replacement images have to be in StreamingAssets/Textures/Img to be picked up as a loose file. Pretty sure this is not an issue when put into a dfmod as the path is not used to find it.

Secondly, I think it may need some xml metadata because it was rendered so large that it covered the top 3/4 of the screen completely. :)

Hopefully you know more about the xml stuff for mod images and can create them.

BTW I like the edit you did to the map button. Would be nice to have it on the std size image as well if you fancy doing it. I just cut it from the Daggerfall full hud as I have no art skills. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Adding an option to render all location at the larger dot size now. Just want to check you do know how to zoom in with right mouse click yes? :P

I thought this was very cool addition, so surprised you want the option to switch it off. Assuming you're playing with at least a 1920x1080 screen it should be very visible.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

:) well yea I know about the zoom. Maybe Im too used to the old style. But I have a feeling I might miss out on some locations
when they are so small. Heres the screen of how it looks on my 1920*1200 monitor. The small locations look like a 1x1 pixel dots. And thats bad for my eyes somehow. Thank you for including that function. I will let you know how I feel about it when I test the new version. I hope it was not so hard to implement that ;)
Spoiler!
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (299.13 KiB) Viewed 3169 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:59 pm So I successfully replaced the TO control UI image with your hi res version and it works, kinda.

Firstly the replacement images have to be in StreamingAssets/Textures/Img to be picked up as a loose file. Pretty sure this is not an issue when put into a dfmod as the path is not used to find it.

Secondly, I think it may need some xml metadata because it was rendered so large that it covered the top 3/4 of the screen completely. :)

Hopefully you know more about the xml stuff for mod images and can create them.

BTW I like the edit you did to the map button. Would be nice to have it on the std size image as well if you fancy doing it. I just cut it from the Daggerfall full hud as I have no art skills. :)
I completely missed this post :X
Right, mod builder will take care of it.
I think it may need some xml metadata
I will take a look. If the xml works, its will be quite easy to do. But XML does not work in some instances, so lets hope this is not the one. EDIT: XML DOES NOT WORK :oops: Thats end of the road for me. That would require Lacus work, and he is not too enthusiastic about that lately. I needed XML files to actually be functional when used on nature sprites (as per his description in the modding guides) and he said he has no time for it, after some urgency and weeks passing by. So thats that. :roll:

So unless you can do that (he changed many image size in the core somehow) than thats the end of the line and Im scratching it. Let me know pls.

BTW I like the edit you did to the map button. Would be nice to have it on the std size image
Thanks :) Well if std means the resolution you are using, I can try downscale it with point filtering to that size and show the results here.

EDIT: texts got messed up but the map button looks ok. Im not sure if you would like to cut that button off the image yand use it? If so, feel free to do it. If you need any help or I understood it wrong, let me know :)
std.png
std.png (14.29 KiB) Viewed 3110 times

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

how laborious would it be to have travel options but on the world map?

meaning an option of instead of traversing the ground you see a moving dot on the world map and still have the same chance for encounters and everything. It could be a tiered system: vanilla travel remains, over the land travel stays as is cause its great but then theres 'tedious' overworld travel. Different benefits and dangers are associated with each.

Vanilla travel should be much more expensive and maybe take longer (more days), overworld travel would be a little faster (fewer days) and a little cheaper with a fairly high risk of enemies/stoppages and this mods current over land travel would be fast, free and with the possibility of meeting the beneficial npcs in the wilderness (same risk of enemies).

This would help performance issues if one has them, offer more variety and still allow one to take advantage of this mods benefits.

There may need to be more visuals to make it less boring...just an idea.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Or to be able to walk around while you have local map opened in the city...