[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by Hazelnut »

It does the same as Tedious Travel did, finds the PlayerFootsteps component and disables it when travelling and re-enables when you stop, but only when you have the enable annoying sounds setting turned on (enabled).

I have no knowledge of this other mod you're using. If you can point me at the code for it I can take a look to see if it should work with this.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... 9f43178dda
Better Ambience adds footsteps I cannot hear them..

D.R.E A.M sound also adds footsteps and I've never heard them either, even with tedious travel..( it's actually just better sounding vanilla footsteps but it's in the mod)

I have never heard footsteps and I always play with annoying sounds on, long before travel options was a mod ( before it was with tedious).

So I don't know, if you're supposed to be hearing footsteps but I never have and what you're telling me it sounds like the mods aren't playing the footsteps..

If that's what the deal is I've been wondering about it for a long long time..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Disable all mods, than you will hear footsteps, than add mod after mod and check, that will tell you which mod or combination is responsible for your issues man. Its most likely not the Travel options. So Im a bit confused why you post so much posts specifically here about it? :lol:

Midknightprince

King of Worms wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:07 am Disable all mods, than you will hear footsteps, than add mod after mod and check, that will tell you which mod or combination is responsible for your issues man. Its most likely not the Travel options. So Im a bit confused why you post so much posts specifically here about it? :lol:
Basically it means: modded footsteps do not work when using The travel options cross country..
And if it's because annoying sounds needs to be turned off to hear the footsteps it makes no sense.
But since I actually play the game with all these mods on, on a regular basis I would know that...
So yeah it is kind of funny huh :lol:

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Midknightprince wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:44 pm
King of Worms wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:07 am Disable all mods, than you will hear footsteps, than add mod after mod and check, that will tell you which mod or combination is responsible for your issues man. Its most likely not the Travel options. So Im a bit confused why you post so much posts specifically here about it? :lol:
Basically it means: modded footsteps do not work when using The travel options cross country..
And if it's because annoying sounds needs to be turned off to hear the footsteps it makes no sense.
But since I actually play the game with all these mods on, on a regular basis I would know that...
So yeah it is kind of funny huh :lol:
I don't use the DREAM modpack, but I do use the Better Ambience mod which does add a different Footsteps sounds and also allows you to change the volume of the footsteps, and I use Travel Options with annoying sounds on and I've always been able to hear footstep sounds regardless of what settings or mods I have installed.

So what I'm saying is that it may be a problem with DREAM or something else, not Travel Options. :)

Midknightprince

No mods but Travel options & Better ambience (tried changing load order, and yes I can hear the horse and wagon)..
So tell me I'm hallucinating ?

Lokkrin Zhataros

Midknightprince wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 am No mods but Travel options & Better ambience (tried changing load order, and yes I can hear the horse and wagon)..
--
Damn, your right. I tested it some more in my game and with "Annoying sounds" enabled I can only hear footsteps during 'time accelerated travel' when Better Ambience is disabled.

So yes, from what I can tell, there is indeed something causing Travel Options to be unable to use modded footstep sounds.

Midknightprince

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:47 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:47 am No mods but Travel options & Better ambience (tried changing load order, and yes I can hear the horse and wagon)..
--
Damn, your right. I tested it some more in my game and with "Annoying sounds" enabled I can only hear footsteps during 'time accelerated travel' when Better Ambience is disabled.

So yes, from what I can tell, there is indeed something causing Travel Options to be unable to use modded footstep sounds.
See if you can duplicate this: when you're on the dirt paths and you use the travel option you go really slow, if you push forward on the keyboard you go at the default speed you have set but if you let it off you go at a snail's pace literally...
I usually use it at one time speed so try at 1 and see what happens but I think it's at all speeds it's just more noticeable at 1...

Lokkrin Zhataros

Midknightprince wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:05 pm
See if you can duplicate this: when you're on the dirt paths and you use the travel option you go really slow, if you push forward on the keyboard you go at the default speed you have set but if you let it off you go at a snail's pace literally...
I usually use it at one time speed so try at 1 and see what happens but I think it's at all speeds it's just more noticeable at 1...

Honestly, I'd just post a Save Game with all the mods you use normally enabled and describe all the issues you've found with Travel Options and Hazelnut will get to it when he can.

Midknightprince

I'm just telling you guys whats happening...
No biggie..