[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by Ralzar »

Hellmasker wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:36 am As cool as the mod is, I seem to fall into the void on pretty much every travel... even on the base acceleration of 10...

I somewhat doubt it has to do with the mod itself... maybe it conflicts with something else, I dunno....
What other mods are you using? DREAM? Some terrain mod?

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

no DREAM, but as for terrain - Mountains and Hills... other than that, nothing that should impact it - unleveled mobs, races redone, decorator and the archaeologists.
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, strange. I've been using it for a while and I use Mountains & Hills. I've had no instances of this. I've seen it happen in streams with Tedious Travel many times. Usually a combination of too high speeds coupled with graphics mods. You move faster than the game manages to load terrain and you fall through.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 am Hm, strange. I've been using it for a while and I use Mountains & Hills. I've had no instances of this. I've seen it happen in streams with Tedious Travel many times. Usually a combination of too high speeds coupled with graphics mods. You move faster than the game manages to load terrain and you fall through.
I noticed when I reduce Travel Options speed to 5 instead of 10 it is much better on my system.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Time acceleration is very demanding on the system, so people with low spec machines will need to set their max acceleration much lower. I can get away with 60-80x on my system but I do sometimes fall at the higher speeds. However 10x is not that fast, so maybe there's another issue? Did you ever use Tedious Travel mod and if so did you get the same thing?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I see people using graphics mods lagging like crazy already at about 20x and 30x.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well I don't use graphical mods so I don't know how much they affect things. Players can only use acceleration their system can handle with the mods they have. This is why I added settings for the default start speed and max speed.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Well, I never used tedious travel... but yes, it might aswell just be a system thing, I don't have the most powerful PC out there... tho I also didn't experience any lag or such, not even when I set it much higher... well, I will probably test around with it a bit more soon.
Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I do need to do some more investigation into what happens when players fall off the terrain. I suspect it's a coordinate update issue and for that I will need Interkarma's help to understand. It does seem to be connected with acceleration speed and how well the system is coping, but I'd like to solve it if it can be. Could be a while though.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Hey Ralzer, I dont know if rhis is a bug or not, but I had just started a new char, saved on exit of privateers, used the time zoom to travel around (see the roads mod), I died from freezing while traveling.
So I respawn at the exit inside privateers hold ( autosave mod), and the time acceleration thing is still going off, so I exit and start running around the Overworld map.
I didn't try to fast travel again I just wanted to get a video of it and it was kind of fun but I don't know I think maybe it was something with this mod.
Shouldn't be too hard to test just save before you exit a dungeon and fast travel until you die, it could just be something with privateers hold though I guess..
Just thought I would say something.
Check out my YouTube Channel!