[MOD] Unleveled Loot

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

[MOD] Unleveled Loot

Post by Ralzar »

Unleveled Loot
A mod for removing level scaling from armor/weapons generation in loot and shops.

Download

UnleveledLoot.jpg
UnleveledLoot.jpg (214.61 KiB) Viewed 4056 times

Genral ideas:

1: Material dropchances are static. The only effect player has is his Luck attribute.

2: The higher tier armors are made rarer. Daedric and orcish to the point where you won't see them unless you have a lot of Luck.

3: Shop stock materials are based on shop quality. Higher quality shop, higher material types.

4: Daedra has a chance, based on daedra type, of dropping a daedric item. This will be the only source, outside of extreme luck, of daedric items.

5: Dungeons in Orsinium and orcish dungeons will have increased chance of orcish.

6: Gold piles de-scaled. The same type of enemy will drop the same amount of gold no matter the player level.

7: Unfortunately, this mod will not be able to check enemy type or level during equipment generation. So humans will get random materials, not materials based on their level. Hopefully this will be possible at some point, but at the moment we also can't mod the human enemies level during random enemy generation, so it's a bit moot until that is available.

Note: Hazelnut is adding increased chance of orcish equipment for higher-tier orcs in his Roleplay&Realism:Items mod.
Last edited by Ralzar on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Unleveled Loot

Post by Ralzar »

Plans

An alternate "Random Vanilla" ruleset which is just the original system, but instead of using player level it just uses a random number each time it needs to generate a material type.

Lots of numbers tweaking as I get feedback. I've been playing with it and not seen it do something crazy, but maybe a I was too strict? Too lenient? Who knows! Time will tell :D
Last edited by Ralzar on Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Unleveled Loot now launched. v0.1

Hopefully this works as it should :D

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

I'm so torn. My initial fear is being unable to fight certain mobs because of ineffective weapon material. It's nice that this mod gives luck another use though. Perhaps my fear is unwarranted and everything is fine.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:35 am I'm so torn. My initial fear is being unable to fight certain mobs because of ineffective weapon material. It's nice that this mod gives luck another use though. Perhaps my fear is unwarranted and everything is fine.
Actually, in some ways it might be easier. Or at least more predictable. Because now high-class shops have a high chance of high tier weapons no matter your level.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Haha, congrats!
Over time I’ll have to look at if the numbers need tweaking. Maybe too much sweet loot drops too fast? But on the other hand, maybe you were just lucky, which is supposed to happen?
:| :D

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.