(Vibrant) Terrain Flats

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
mikeprichard

Re: Terrain Flats

Post by mikeprichard »

Yes, in that list Jay_H marked many duplicate or even unused textures; it's too bad it's not easier to confirm these issues in every case, as he (quite understandably) didn't seem to have time to test/link graphics for the entire list. But whatever you do (and have already done) will be a significant improvement on the original game in my opinion. Looking forward to the final mod package!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

jman0war wrote: So that makes me wonder about some of the trees too.
Like 005.Steppes and 194.Kludge Swamp, how do we know those sets are actually used in the game?
They look like ones i've seen before and also contain numerous trees from the other sets so it's hard to say if they really are being used.
I can at least guarantee that Daggerfall Unity only uses 500-511 for world nature flats. And I have a high level of confidence that 005 and 194 aren't used, although it's possible a some block might reference them directly somewhere as a placed flat.

Some of the archives appear to be related to a vertical slice or demo of some kind (like "temp e3 flats"). I wouldn't stress too much about the out-of-band archives, I don't believe any of them are used.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Interkarma wrote:
I can at least guarantee that Daggerfall Unity only uses 500-511 for world nature flats. And I have a high level of confidence that 005 and 194 aren't used, although it's possible a some block might reference them directly somewhere as a placed flat.
Ah thanks Interkarma that's good to know. It makes the project more reasonable.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Mike wrote:Yes, in that list Jay_H marked many duplicate or even unused textures; it's too bad it's not easier to confirm these issues in every case, as he (quite understandably) didn't seem to have time to test/link graphics for the entire list.
I really mostly stopped because I wasn't sure if it was something people needed done :) But if I can do something that'll save other people effort, I can spare some time for it. If it says "near duplicate" then only one or so image in a set was different, but if it says "duplicate" then it's an exact copy of the other set.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Jay_H - well I'm just the peanut gallery here, but I can only imagine how much time it took you to put that list together in the first place! I think it's already a useful resource for anyone modding textures, but I'll leave it to the experts to say whether a completed listing would be helpful.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

507_14
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

And, with that done: the full 507.SnowWoodlandHills set:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An4TIiBt2x9fgXVbRo_D25q2PrIk

Will update the first post with download link as well.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Wow you are pretty fast
You like already done half of natural flats or something :o

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yup, big dedication and consistency, this is one of my favourite mods/threads to look at, it will also make a big possitive impact on the visuals ingame as those flats are everywhere!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Awesome!