[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by pango »

I can't ask about regional Pawn Shops in Linisa, Sentinel. However there seem to be no such shop in Linisa, but there's at least one in Sentinel capital.
Attachments
SAVE830.zip
(371.19 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Another strangely placed lever in The Fortress of T'ofylar, Myrkwasa:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (134.11 KiB) Viewed 5020 times
Attachments
SAVE831.zip
(272.41 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

A dungeon block intersecting with another one in The Fortress of Hearthford, Dwynnen:
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (107.85 KiB) Viewed 5020 times
I think the cave block does not fit into its assigned space, and protrudes into the nearby "pyramid" block.
Attachments
SAVE848.zip
(256.74 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
-- Charles Goodhart

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

XJDHDR wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:34 pm Well, I wish the best of luck to whoever wants to take up that challenge. I myself don't have the patience to figure out where the BSAs need to be hex edited.
If it gets corrected in the DFU data it should be reasonably easy to reverse the process. In other words we have a system that decodes the original Daggerfall files it should be possible to edit and save that data back in the same format. If you could do that you could then compare the 2 files and create another patch file that would save the changes. It's all a bit over my head but it should be possible without having to hand-edit anything.

https://docs.moodle.org/dev/How_to_create_a_patch
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

pango

Post by pango »

jayhova wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:50 pm we have a system that decodes the original Daggerfall files it should be possible to edit and save that data back in the same format.
There's no code to write files in the original formats, and that's not trivial to do.
Much less so losslessly that you could simply compare input to output files. There's still a lot of stuff in those files whose purpose is still unknown.
Last edited by pango on Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

In the existing bug reports, I've found only a few game-data related issues that were not fixed:
Last edited by pango on Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

More floating boxen (I'm not sure who contributed that save):
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 5009 times
And that's most of the issues I was sitting on.
Along the way I noticed some of the bugs fixed by this mod, like stairs textures, really cool.
Attachments
SAVE532.zip
(307.21 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
-- Charles Goodhart

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

@Pango
Didn't brace hard enough for the flood, it seems. :-D
I'm busy today so I only have time for a quick look.
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:21 pm There's some oddity though, and I don't know if that's an issue in the mod or in modding support: modified part of the cave looks different on the 3D map, it has a different texture and is not affected by transparency setting:
I think it's an issue in the modding support. Those models look fine in the dungeon itself. I just tested this myself and there's something really strange about those models in the map. I saved my test save looking at the corridor model. After I loaded it, the corridor had the modded texture in the map whereas some other models I explored afterwards had no texture at all.
Dungeon map texture problem.jpg
Dungeon map texture problem.jpg (103.39 KiB) Viewed 4987 times

I'll report this to Interkarma, unless you want to do so.
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:45 pm Some regression in Lysandus' Tomb, a secret door is much easier to detect because texture doesn't match surrounding wall anymore
Yeah, I know about this one already. The same thing happens in Privateer's Hold and Daggerfall's Castle. There is a bug in Runtime Materials that is making it assign the wrong texture to these models in certain dungeons. I only discovered this around 3 days ago and still need to report it to TheLacus.
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:50 pm Some misaligned door in The Barrow of Darkulus, Sentinel:
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:59 pm A disjoined lever in The Web of Hellus, Ephesus:
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:03 pm A floating torch in The Bish Mines, Dragontail Mountains:
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:09 pm Levitating mausoleums rooftops in D'othar Graveyard, Dragontail Mountains:
Thanks. I've added these to my list. Funny thing about the mausoleum is that the whole thing is a single model. So they didn't put bits together badly in the block; the model was designed with these holes in it.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:13 pm A wall missing one face in Bubaaqja, Sentinel:
Added to the list as well. This one will be a lot easier than I thought. The pillar, floor, ceiling and adjacent wall are part of the same model whereas I assumed they all came from different models assembled in the block. Bethesda simply forgot to add a face for those vertices.
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:16 pm Also in Bubaaqja, Sentinel, a large building has 3 one-way staircases (and a correct one):
This is exactly the same problem I fixed in 2 other blocks. Added to the list. I am confused though because I only see one bad staircase in this building. The other 3 are fine.
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:19 pm Still in Bubaaqja, Sentinel, a famous duplicate door in a tavern:

The tavern also has two bartenders, but since they're both functional I think it's fine.
Added to the list as well. I should probably reposition some of those beds as well so that the rooms' doors don't clip into them. As for the bartenders, I think I'll leave them as they are, mostly because I don't know which is the 'correct' one. Let's just assume that twin brothers are co-owners of that tavern. ;-)
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:28 pm A lost lever in The Penitentiary of Thustom, Ayasofya:
Also added to the list. That lever is not flagged as an Action Object and I don't see anything in that block which looks like it can be activated by a switch. So I'm just going to delete it from the block.
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:37 pm I can't ask about regional Pawn Shops in Linisa, Sentinel. However there seem to be no such shop in Linisa, but there's at least one in Sentinel capital.
Yeah, I saw that one in your thread about the Temple of Zen. It's on my to-do list.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:41 pm Another strangely placed lever in The Fortress of T'ofylar, Myrkwasa:
I've added this one to my list as well but it is trickier. This lever is also not an Action Object so I'm inclined to delete this as well but there is a portcullis elsewhere in the block. I first need to check if one of the 3 levers in a different room opens it.
pango wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:47 pm A dungeon block intersecting with another one in The Fortress of Hearthford, Dwynnen:

I think the cave block does not fit into its assigned space, and protrudes into the nearby "pyramid" block.
That's what it looks like. The easiest solution is probably to squash the corridor in model 60107 similar to what I did in the other cave corridor model.

And that's all the time I have right now. I'll look at the other posts probably tonight.