[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kokey

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

Post by Kokey »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:28 am After the skeleton update its 2020 all the way :) The spider webs, updated coffin... and when u compare it to 1996 the new model is actually more accurate than the 2017 one. My opinion. You won it with the update
Its very worldofwacraft-y, in a good way

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:29 pm The feedback is appreciated! I feel like the newer model is far more polished and fits in better with the overall style of the project as well as the original Daggerfall, which is actually quite colorful and vibrant compared to photorealistic games. Plus the gain in performance is too good to pass up. I tweaked the skeleton model and texture to make it a bit more creepy and here's what I got so far, still open to suggestions.

I still need to edit the skeleton model a bit further to make the proportions more realistic.
That's my main issue with it - it looks too squat and the leg bones are far to wide, and the feet too large. So if you can re-proportion it, then it's a good swap IMO.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, agreed. If you compare the two skeletons, the 2020 one is like a head shorter while the coffin is the same size. And the feet are just weirdly large.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Updated on right

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Last edited by AlexanderSig on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I like your asset display room there, I quite like how the new skeleton model looks myself, especially with the increased height.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Much better. Not quite as good in my eyes, but definitely worth it for using 30% of the polys.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Baler

Post by Baler »

That actually looks quite a bit better. Less dwarf skeleton :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Last edited by AlexanderSig on Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Perfect, so glad to see this mod being worked on again