[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.

Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.00) - UPDATE Sept 2020

Post by Hazelnut »

You were good from the start, but your skill has increased a lot... the stuff you've done recently is just top notch!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

AlexanderSig

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.00) - UPDATE Sept 2020

Post by AlexanderSig »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:08 pm You were good from the start, but your skill has increased a lot... the stuff you've done recently is just top notch!
Thank you very much! That means a lot :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I second that, really nice models lately!

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Happy to report that I've figured out how to make the Fighter's Guild clickable in info mode and finally fixed this 2 year old issue. I did this by disabling all collision from the new model. Then I imported the original fighter's guild model over the new one, made it invisible and gave it collision. So basically the collision is exactly the same as in the original game which makes the info mode work again. Image

Also fixed this issue with the transparency of the largest bottle models. The liquid was too bright and didn't look like it was actually behind the glass. Image

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nice one :)

Arent there material variations for this one in the game tho? The random kind like the entrances to the small dungeons in the cemeteries are generated. I might be wrong, just a question

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:56 pm Nice one :)

Arent there material variations for this one in the game tho? The random kind like the entrances to the small dungeons in the cemeteries are generated. I might be wrong, just a question
Thanks, there are 4 separate model IDs for different regions, IDs 43109-43112. So that's easy to work with :)

Still working on fine-tuning the different colors.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Does anyone know if these models show up in interiors like dungeons? I'd like to add a winter variation with snow on top but would look silly if the model were inside a dungeon with snow on top.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Oh I see :) If my memory is not playing tricks on me, I dont think its used inside the dungeons.. but it would be cool if someone else could confirm that. Winter variants would be indeed great.