[0.10.22] Teleport into dungeon does not inject Foe quest resources [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Zelos

Re: Karolis the Lich is missing in Daggerfall Unity, and this is game breaking.

Post by Zelos »

Its all zipped into one. Curious.

Zelos

Post by Zelos »

Seems to work now!
Attachments
Zelos-Lich not spawning.zip
(623.81 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Great! Thank you for saves. :)

I'll look at these as soon as I can. It's getting late here in Australia (almost 4am) so I should probably get some sleep. Will post back here once I've slept and checked out the saves.

Zelos

Post by Zelos »

Appreciated man!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This does look like the same issue that OP had. Loading your third save (SAVE20 inside lich room), I note the lich isn't present when all quest states are nominal. I then ran the same remediation process from earlier and the lich spawned:
  1. Enter "tele2exit" then exit and re-enter dungeon.
  2. Enter "tele2qspawn" and you should land on top of lich.
Can you please try this and let me know if that works for you? BTW, I can see quest in log, it's one scroll click down (Morndas the 16th of Second Seed).

Thank you for also attaching a copy of output log. The only error I can see is a NullReferenceException in SongPlayer. Not sure what that's about. It shouldn't cause a quest resource like this not to spawn, but I'm noting it anyway.

I'll be able do some more digging now, as you've kindly provided me a few more saves to work from. Cheers.

Zelos

Post by Zelos »

It worked!

I tried it before. But I might have not exited/reentered, as you specified.

If you need more info to look into it let me know.

I tried to killall before it spawns and it was not present in the list of killed creatures. Not sure if it helps you.

Thanks and thanks again.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Well that's good news. :)

There must be some kind of gap in logic somewhere. The Lich should have been injected into scene when you next entered dungeon with quest active. It shouldn't matter that you've cleared it before. But he wasn't present in world state data in save, which means the quest didn't put it there when it should have. Very strange, I'll keep working on it.

The first time you went into dungeon with quest active can you recall if you went in through the front door or teleported in? Just brainstorming different ideas.

Edit: Just noting I can reproduce the bug this way: set an Achor inside Sentinel dungeon, pickup quest, then Teleport back to the interior of Sentinel dungeon. The Teleport calls the variant of StartDungeonInterior() that is used by loading a game - which assumes enemies are already present. It should be using the same variant as going in through front door which injects quest enemies into scene. Whether that's your exact bug or not, I can confirm that one.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Just to make sure: no one is using Persistent Dungeons?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm not using Persistent Dungeons, unsure about Falken or Zelos. I can definitely reproduce using the teleport into dungeon trick though. Whether or not that's how they triggered bug would be awesome to know, but I've definitely found a bug that causes this issue now. :)

Zelos

Post by Zelos »

I am not using any mods.

Well besides DREAM and autosave.

But yes, I was using teleport magic. To save me the trip.

Might got something there.