[0.10.22] Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really [RESOLVED 0.10.27]

Firebrand

[0.10.22] Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really [RESOLVED 0.10.27]

Post by Firebrand »

Yesterday my PC read Oghma Infinium. Before reading it, she was level 9 at 39% progress to level 10. Reading it, she had both:
  • 30 points to distribute, as expected :)
  • 1 level up to level 10 (with about 8 more hit points than previously), not really as expected :?
That level up hadn't to do with experience I had, since sleeping for 6 or more hours before reading the book didn't make any difference.

Today my PC got enough experience to level up again (progress to next level was 96% before fast travelling, and after was back to 6%), but - guess what? My level is still 10 :? :? :?

I hope that from next level up I will move forward to level 11 :?

It looks like there's a problem with Oghma Infinum scripts, however:
it's not supposed to level up your PC, and however, if it anticipate a level up, you lose 4-6 points to distribute (the one paired with the correct level up).

I'll try at least to fix this last one, looking if I can manually edit the save game :?

Firebrand

Re: Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really

Post by Firebrand »

I'm attaching a savegame with the Oghma Infinium in my inventory, use it and see what's happening :shock:
Attachments
SAVE35.zip
Before reading Oghma Infinium
(382.51 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Firebrand wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 am I hope that from next level up I will move forward to level 11 :?
I can confirm that at last I manage to get to level 11 without problems :)

So, summarizing:

Oghma Infinium gives you correctly 30 attribute points to distribute, but uncorrectly anticipates a level up, causing this way to lose the additional 4-6 attribute points you should gain with the level up. You get however the corresponding hit points increase.
The next level up is not even registered, and your skill after reaching 100% just go back to 0%.
After that, leveling up looks fine again :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'll move this to bug reports, as I don't believe it has been addressed as of 0.10.22.

mikeprichard

Re: [0.10.22] Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really

Post by mikeprichard »

Just confirmed that this is still a bug - but it's easy to reset the character back one level in SaveData.txt after using the artifact as a temporary workaround.

Gravitus

[0.10.24] Level rollover without levelup

Post by Gravitus »

Got two saves here, one before the level rollover (93%) and one after (0%) without an actual levelup happening. I played it a little further to make sure levelup would not occur at a later point.

Load SAVE1, rest for 8 hours, observe.

I took all magic items off to make sure it wasn't some enchantment issue.
Attachments
levelup.7z
(210.54 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

Ralzar

Re: [0.10.24] Level rollover without levelup

Post by Ralzar »

I tested your save in 0.10.24, 23 and 22. Same thing happens in all. So it has to be something with your character, not the recent live release.

I see you're using LevelUp Adjuster. This should have no affect on this these days, but in an earlier version I had a level speed feature that I removed because it produced buggy behaviour.
Was this character ever used with that feature? It could have corrupted something that hasn't popped its head up until now?

Gravitus

Post by Gravitus »

No, I have only ever used version 1.2.0. The only thing that comes to mind is that "Curved Levelling" was active by default, and I only realized it after I'd leveled up once, then turned it off.

These are the settings btw:
Spoiler!
{
"SettingsVersion": "1.0",
"Values": {
"AttributePoints": {
"ChangeAttributePoints": "True",
"MaximumAttributePoints": "6",
"MinimumAttributePoints": "6",
"ActivateCurvedLeveling": "False"
},
"HitPoints": {
"ChangeHitPoints": "True",
"MaximumHitPoints": "1",
"MinimumHitPoints": "2",
"MedianHitPoints": "False",
"RetroactiveEnduranceBonus": "True"
},
" ": {

},

},

},
"AttributeMaximum": {
"ChangeAttributeMaximum": "False",
"MaximumAttributePoints": "100"
}
},
"$version": "v1"
}
Last edited by Gravitus on Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

That should have no effect as the level up function does not check how many attribute points you have.

Gravitus

Post by Gravitus »

I see "AdvancementMultiplier": 0.9230769, in my save file. Could it be an issue with this fractional number or does vanilla DFU create a fraction like this? Edit: Nevermind, figured out what that number means.

I appended my settings in the previous post.

All the skill ticks appear to be integers, so I don't see what could be going wrong with those.