[0.10.25] crimeCommitted too persistant [RESOLVED 0.10.27]

pango

[0.10.25] crimeCommitted too persistant [RESOLVED 0.10.27]

Post by pango »

I just checked that if you commit some crime (say, pickpocketing) in a town, outrun the city watches and fast travel to another town, new city watches will start chasing you in that second town too.
And if you save the game you can check that the crime still seems to be running:

Code: Select all

"crimeCommitted": "Pickpocketing",
That seem different from classic behavior, which clears committed crimes on any fast travel, even reckless one to the same city. Leaving the city normally also makes the city watches despawn, and the crime to be cleared.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Re: [0.10.25] crimeCommitted too persistant

Post by Ralzar »

I remember at one time I edited my save to clear a crime because I kept getting chased by city guards for noe reason. I can't even remember what the crime was, but I had no reccollection of even doing it, so it seemed weird that all guards magically knew of my crime.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Is this a regression (if perhaps a long-lived one)? I'm sure active crime state used to clear after fast travel at some point in the project's history.

I'll move to bug reports, as you're correct that should be the behaviour.

Chobin

Post by Chobin »

Ah, sorry to bump an old thread, but this happened to me a few days ago. I have a mod that lets my horse 'sprint' while I'm riding it, but the horse sprint counts as an attack and I accidentally killed a villager by running them over. I fast traveled to another city and got caught by the guards there when I walked in. I don't believe any of my mods have an effect on the guards or on crimes committed, I certainly don't remember seeing anything of the sort in the descriptions, but I also generally try not to commit crimes so I can't say if it's a mod effect or a bug.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You'll need to disable all mods first and reproduce the bug before we can see whether it's a bug in DFU or not ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Active crime state is now cleared when player leaves location area, fast travels, or uses console. Any city watch chasing player will despawn. Added two new console commands "print_crimecommitted" and "clear_crimecommitted".

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... f92f6fecad