[0.10.26a] Buildings improperly marked as Dark Brotherhood after fast travel [RESOLVED 0.10.27]

Nystul

Re: [0.10.26a] Buildings improperly marked as Dark Brotherhood after fast travel

Post by Nystul »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:43 am Update. This problem is caused when GetCurrentBuildingDirectory() returns stale directory data from a location object in the process of being recycled. It's intermittent based on scene load times, which varies by system and other factors. This is why we couldn't reproduce reliably. This bug has actually been around forever, it's just triggered more easily in 0.10.26 than earlier versions for some reason.

This edge case only seems to impact marking TG and DB on map as PlayerGPS_OnEnterLocationRect event can fire before location is fully recycled. Other systems using GetCurrentBuildingDirectory() don't happen right on the bleeding edge of location pool recycling.

I have pushed a fix for this now to ensure building directory location is properly aligned with expected location so as not to return stale data.
those are annoying bugs that are so hard to track down, excellent work to find this one ;)

Interkarma

Re: [0.10.26a] Buildings improperly marked as Dark Brotherhood after fast travel

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you Nystul. :)

Yep, had to come back to this one at least 4 times over the course of a day, trying different troubleshooting methods before it finally clicked.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Well, I for one, am incredibly glad you fixed it because that was a tough one and now I don't have to. :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods