[0.10.28] - Monster Damage (Dreugh Atom Smasher) [RESOLVED 0.11.1]

CptCodpiece

[0.10.28] - Monster Damage (Dreugh Atom Smasher) [RESOLVED 0.11.1]

Post by CptCodpiece »

The UESP bestiary for daggerfall shows that Dreugh do 5-15 damage, but on playtesting with 0.10.28 they do on average about 100 damage per hit. Pretty vicious given the combo, is this supposed to be intentional? I tired to dig through the files on the github, but couldn't find any data on damage ranges for monsters.

Flesh atronachs also will rip a person apart, despite also doing 5-15 according to the daggerfall UESP wiki. I don't know if there's anything I'm missing here.

Interkarma

Re: Monster Damage (Dreugh Atom Smasher)

Post by Interkarma »

Hey welcome to the forums! I love the descriptive "Dreugh Atom Smasher" in subject haha. :)

I just stepped through code to see what's happening and was able to identify a bug. Here's the breakdown.

The Dreugh has a base damage of 5-15 for their primary attack. They also carry the Bonus to Hit Humanoids ability, which adds +16 (their level) to damage total against player. This means the Dreugh's total damage is 21-31 against humanoids per hit. So far all working as intended.

The first problem is this bonus damage is applied even when their hit misses. Then monsters can have up to 3x attacks with different damage ranges per attack. The Dreugh has 0 damage for attacks 2 and 3, but the bonus damage vs. humanoids was also being applied for each potential attack. So in total, the Dreugh would dish out a minimum of 48 points of damage even when their hit missed.

I've fixed the bug causing that erroneous extra damage now. They still hit pretty hard, but you'll find them less atom-smashy from 0.11.1.

CptCodpiece

Re: [0.10.28] - Monster Damage (Dreugh Atom Smasher) [RESOLVED 0.11.1]

Post by CptCodpiece »

Thanks for letting me know and for the welcome!

I didn't know that the bonus to hit humanoids added damage as well, that definitely explains what I was missing. The guaranteed damage on miss definitely didn't help the character survivability. Was playing a standard warrior class playthrough and just unlocked waterbreathing potions after some work for Zenny.

First dreugh I came across ripped the duder's head off like a pez dispenser. Got murdered so fast I didn't have time to blink. :lol:

Cheers, and I'll just stay out of the water for now until later versions. Good time to get a bow. :D

Madae

Re: [0.10.28] - Monster Damage (Dreugh Atom Smasher) [RESOLVED 0.11.1]

Post by Madae »

Yeah I noticed this as well. Thought it was strange. Atronachs, too. Zombies might also be something to look at, because they are easily the most threatening early game creature. It's pretty crazy how dangerous they are compared to anything else. Skeletons can be rough too, but they dont nuke your health quite as bad.