[0.10.23] Runaway Pet not added to Completed Quests journal [RESOLVED]

Galactus

[0.10.23] Runaway Pet not added to Completed Quests journal [RESOLVED]

Post by Galactus »

Rang the bell, got the tiger, went on to clear the rest of the dungeon. Traveled to the quest giver and returned his pet with 32 days remaining. Before returning the pet, the quest is active in the log but as I return the pet the quest is neither complete or active. Going back to the fighters guild the guy giving out the quests says "dont look at me the tiger is still at the location something something"

Quite the annoying little bug. Any takes on how to resolve this ?

Interkarma

Re: can't complete runaway pet quest

Post by Interkarma »

Please provide a save and I'd be happy to take a closer look. Some info below on where to find save files.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

Galactus

Post by Galactus »

Thank you!

I have tried to load and complete the quest a few times since I posted last and I can now sort of complete the quest. I get the rep points for completing it but there is no mentioning of it in the completed quests log
Attachments
SAVE0.rar
(418.91 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

pango

Post by pango »

Confirmed with your save, after completion, nothing is left in the "Completed Quests" list.
Reputation is adjusted so it's not so bad, but still.

I wonder if that's triggered because the quest created two log entries (step 0 and step 1) before completion?
Galactus wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:58 pm I can now sort of complete the quest
Why couldn't you complete the quest before, did you miss something, or did you have to work around some other quest issue?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Galactus

Post by Galactus »

I don't know.

After I contacted the pet owner I went back to the fighters guild and was presented with the aforementioned message that the tiger was still in the dungeon. I tried loading a few times but the message came every time.

Prior to the pet quest I "lost" my horse. The wagon was still there, albeit floating in the sky but it was there. I tried looking around the city, asking commoners etc but it was gone. Everytime I found a horse i would be presented with a message saying this wasnt my horse. The horse and the wagon was parked right outside the fighters guild and after entering the guild and coming out the horse was back. I tried this maybe 5 times and every time I loaded the game the horse would be gone but appear again after coming out of the fighters guild.

I thought that maybe the horse is bugged and that by leaving it and teleporting back to the fighters guild without it the quest might be completed, which it kind of was.

pango

Post by pango »

Galactus wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:47 am Prior to the pet quest I "lost" my horse. The wagon was still there, albeit floating in the sky but it was there. I tried looking around the city, asking commoners etc but it was gone. Everytime I found a horse i would be presented with a message saying this wasnt my horse. The horse and the wagon was parked right outside the fighters guild and after entering the guild and coming out the horse was back. I tried this maybe 5 times and every time I loaded the game the horse would be gone but appear again after coming out of the fighters guild.

I thought that maybe the horse is bugged and that by leaving it and teleporting back to the fighters guild without it the quest might be completed, which it kind of was.
That's mods issues, without mods neither your horse nor your wagon are ever "materialized" in game. None of what you describe is base game behavior.
So I doubt it's related, but the true part is that the more mods you stack, the harder it is to understand the root issue of bugs.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Galactus

Post by Galactus »

Any ideas what I can do to solve the issue ? My OCD isn't especially cooperative letting the quest slide like that ;)

Galactus

Post by Galactus »

Decided to load a previous save and retry the pet quest. after completing it the log still doesnt log it as completed.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The Completed Quests journal feature is a QoL addition unique to DFU. It's not something present in classic, rather it's a best-effort addition on top of the old systems. There's potentially some quests that end in a way not compatible with the feature.

The improved journal system is Hazelnut's baby. I'll pop this into bug reports and see if he picks it up. If not, I'll take a look when I can. No promises on when though - it's a super minor detail and not critical to the game. :)

Galactus

Re: [0.10.23] Runaway Pet not added to Completed Quests journal

Post by Galactus »

Seems The Quest is more bugged..

After finding the tiger and the letter that sends you to daggerfall to report The death of whomever the tiger killed, the commoners sends me to the wrong residence 10/10 times when asking for directions. Supposed to find tristitar something something but whenever i ask for the location they answer with a different name and residence