Experimental Smaller Dungeons

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Cyman

Re: Experimental Smaller Dungeons

Post by Cyman »

This is the only reason I play the Daggerfall again!

InconsolableCellist

Post by InconsolableCellist »

I just learned about this and think it's a great idea! So far I've only seen one dungeon with it, but those massive dungeons can feel poorly matched with simple fetch quests, yet appropriate for mainline ones.

Does the size of the dungeon vary, so that you sometimes still get the huge ones?

Also I'm amazed at how well this project is going and how great the community's mods are! I'm watching my friend play Daggerfall for the first time (vanilla-style DFU first) and we just picked out a ton of mods, and they're all fantastic improvements. Many help to fill in the gaps and make the world feel more alive and dynamic. I'd love to see this continue, and one day work on my idea for a courier's guild (transporting goods/people along major roads, offering protection, being a highway man, etc.)

pango

Post by pango »

Hi :)
InconsolableCellist wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:57 pm Does the size of the dungeon vary, so that you sometimes still get the huge ones?
No, it makes all "normal" dungeons the size of one inner module and 4 border modules surrounding one (like Privateer's Hold); That just excludes the main quest dungeons, because they're made of unique handcrafted modules.
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart