Enhanced item lists (16 item display)

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Hazelnut

Enhanced item lists (16 item display)

Post by Hazelnut »

I give up trying to find the thread, but it was pointed out to me a while ago that the enhanced item lists I implemented have an annoying issue when scrolled to the end of a list with an odd number of items. The columns would swap round until scrolled back up again, keeping the last item in the last display slot.

Back then I tried to fix it, but was already deep into other code so didn't spend long, and it couldn't be fixed with the way I'd implemented it. I've been looking at the itemListScroller component I made again and making it more general purpose because I want to use it for potion creator which has a 3x4 grid. While doing this I realised the problem was that I had set up the scroller with the number of items instead of rows. This is simpler but causes the issue above. I've re-worked it so the scroller is setup with rows now so this issue is solved and will appear in a build coming soon.

Just wanted to let people know, even though I cannot find the original thread.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Re: Enhanced item lists (16 item display)

Post by mikeprichard »

Great - I noticed that in a recent build; it's good to hear it's now fixed. Thanks for all your work!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks Mike, you're most welcome. Glad you like the enhanced item lists, I can't go back to classic myself.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Absolutely - it's one of the most important usability improvements that have been introduced to date (though I have ideas for several others for post-DFU version 1.0 - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042). You and the other core contributors are really giving Daggerfall a new lease on life.