Character Creation - Part 3

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Character Creation - Part 3

Post by Interkarma »

Final part of the Character Creation series for now. This video shows the state of character creation as you will see it in first release of Daggerfall Unity.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/character-creation-part-3/

Al-Khwarizmi

Re: Character Creation - Part 3

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Wow, this is absolutely amazing! It's great to have character creation back, reimplemented in a modern system. I'm thrilled!
Interkarma wrote:The biographies in particular have to wait for a while (...) As outlined in my mission statement on the forums, I will be building individual parts of Daggerfall in small, incremental stages that give priority to core systems first. My goal is to work towards a minimum viable product sooner rather than later, and keep iterating over the whole until it takes shape as a completed Daggerfall clone.

Personally, I think it’s better to put a work in progress into your hands (along with the source code) than make you wait long stretches between releases
As much as I'd like to see the biographies working, this is definitely the way to go! "Release early, release often", better for motivation and for development itself as you'll have plenty of testers to hunt for bugs.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

incredible! given that a bit more than a year ago there was no dftfu this is even more amazing!

Arl

Post by Arl »

Interkarma wrote:Final part of the Character Creation series for now. This video shows the state of character creation as you will see it in first release of Daggerfall Unity.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/character-creation-part-3/

Scrolling with the scroll wheel? You are a Saint!
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Awesomesauce!