Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by Interkarma »

Phobos Anomaly wrote:I don't know if this can be considered a bug, and since no-one else seems to have noticed this I'm thinking that maybe is something related to my rig:
Hmm, looks like a bit of texture bleed. The tilemap shader is generally very good at preventing bleeds, but perhaps a precision error of some kind is manifesting itself on your hardware. I've put this in my bug queue to look at later.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Here are today's fixes, already posted to work in progress branch. Getting closer to that second test build!
  • Fixed start-death-start cycle of scene init.
  • Restored pause menu load and save. Still just using quick save for now, but moving closer to custom save/load UI for Unity saves.
  • Added popup message control for text such as "rat just died" and "game saved".
  • Fixed localization issue with float.Parse() for INI and elsewhere.
  • Fixed issue where HUD fades could get stuck half way.
  • Fixed issue with doors not turning to triggers when restoring saves.
  • Fixed issue with spam-clicking doors while they are opening or closing.
  • Fixed issue with class selection in Linux.

Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Interkarma wrote: Sorry, I meant to ask - could you please zip and send me all your SAVE folders exactly as they are inside your Daggerfall folder. It sounds like one of your saves are casing the enumerator to crash. If I can reproduce this, I can fix the problem.
I have SAVE0 through SAVE5 folders, but if you're referring to the load menu hang, it doesn't matter if there are things in them or if they are empty. Doesn't even matter if they are even there. When I tried to import a classic save I put it in SAVE0 though. If I'm fundamentally misunderstanding what you mean, how things work or something else, let me know.

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Interkarma wrote:Here are today's fixes, already posted to work in progress branch. Getting closer to that second test build!
  • Fixed start-death-start cycle of scene init.
  • Restored pause menu load and save. Still just using quick save for now, but moving closer to custom save/load UI for Unity saves.
  • Added popup message control for text such as "rat just died" and "game saved".
  • Fixed localization issue with float.Parse() for INI and elsewhere.
  • Fixed issue where HUD fades could get stuck half way.
  • Fixed issue with doors not turning to triggers when restoring saves.
  • Fixed issue with spam-clicking doors while they are opening or closing.
  • Fixed issue with class selection in Linux.
Oh, and just one more thing - the ladders inside houses with an attic do not seem to work, so it's actually impossible to get to the attic from the ground floor.
And that's important, because some questgivers\quest targers inside buildings often reside at the attic.

GothwayBum

Post by GothwayBum »

Oh, and just one more thing - the ladders inside houses with an attic do not seem to work, so it's actually impossible to get to the attic from the ground floor.
And that's important, because some questgivers\quest targers inside buildings often reside at the attic.
They didn't really work in vanilla either, I always have to climb next to the ladder, and he doesn't have climbing in yet.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Lazaroth wrote:
Interkarma wrote: Sorry, I meant to ask - could you please zip and send me all your SAVE folders exactly as they are inside your Daggerfall folder. It sounds like one of your saves are casing the enumerator to crash. If I can reproduce this, I can fix the problem.
I have SAVE0 through SAVE5 folders, but if you're referring to the load menu hang, it doesn't matter if there are things in them or if they are empty. Doesn't even matter if they are even there. When I tried to import a classic save I put it in SAVE0 though. If I'm fundamentally misunderstanding what you mean, how things work or something else, let me know.
Just to clarify, there are two issues in play here.

1. If there are no saves at all, then the controls to exit page are not added to UI. The "quick load" button would also fail to be added, preventing you from even loading a Unity save. This was a stupid mistake on my part and it has been corrected.

2. If one or more classic saves cannot be read (the format is not yet 100% known), then the code will exit. This leads to the exact same place as issue 1. I have improved things so that even if classic saves cannot be read, the "quick save" and "exit" buttons should always work. You can also use Esc to exit now.

So basically: if you have SAVE0-SAVE5 populated and still experience problems, this means one or more classic saves are tripping up the API. I would love a copy of those saves so I can make the API more compatible. Cheers. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Michael_TEFL wrote: Oh, and just one more thing - the ladders inside houses with an attic do not seem to work, so it's actually impossible to get to the attic from the ground floor.
Ladders aren't implemented yet. Will get there eventually though. :)

Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Interkarma wrote: So basically: if you have SAVE0-SAVE5 populated and still experience problems, this means one or more classic saves are tripping up the API. I would love a copy of those saves so I can make the API more compatible. Cheers. :)
Don't have that many save files on this computer, but here are 2 different that fail to load:
SAVE0.7z
(28.5 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
SAVE1.7z
(40.79 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Unsure if I've played them myself or if I've found them online since I don't have Dosbox set up atm. I usually play Daggerfall on my dedicated old school computer (Voodoo 2 in SLI and all that goodness) and have more saves there for sure if you want more.

Huntingtonwheel

Post by Huntingtonwheel »

I can get the beginning audio to play, but no video. then after the sound ends the in-game arrow pops up but it just stays at a black screen. i'm pretty sure the path is correct, but i think its my GFX card. my pc is pretty old, running xp and 256 vram i think, but i assume because daggerfall is such an old game i should be good even with the new engine.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hopefully last round of fixes before next test build.
  • Added game console from Lypyl. This provides features like god mode, teleporting, and increasing run speed.
  • Fixed another GPS desync issue. This should fix almost all of the falling through the world / spawning high in the air problems.
  • Fixed character sheet not refreshing after loading a different character.
  • Fixed issue of season and climate not being set properly on load.
  • Worked around another fullscreen scaling problem (a Unity bug this time).
  • Rewrote FloatingOrigin to work at map pixel boundary to fit in better with serialization/deserialization.