Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by Interkarma »

Tirbourse wrote:I have a problem with the quickloads

Whenever i try to load a save, my character just fall inside the worldmap

Any ideas?

Send me the save file if you can, I'll see what's happening. Cheers. :)
Nystul wrote:most of the time everything remains black at startup (daggerfall path in ini file is set)...

in the output_log file a get a null pointer exception (seems to be related with video playback):

(Filename: Line: -1)
Please send me the complete output log. Cheers. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Michael_TEFL wrote:Loading a custom female character works fine.
Loading a custom vampire female character (Keophex) does not.
Well, but vampirism is not implemented anyway, so it's explainable

1. My custom female character (actually borrowed from http://www.icehouse.net/radu/dagger/menu.htm )
2. Custom vampire character (dosbox)
3. Custom vampire character - DaggerFall Unity 0.01 - an unnamed male Breton mage instead, with unusually low major and minor skills.
Spoiler!
Screenshot_18.jpg
fall_000.png
Screenshot_19.jpg
Yep, no vampirism implemented yet, I wouldn't expect that to work right now. The nameless Breton mage is the default setting that normally gets overwritten by a load or character creation.

I should make a note about vampire characters in the final release notes. Thanks! :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm signing off for the night everyone. Thanks again for sending through all your feedback, it will only make the first release so much better. :)

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

You are welcome, Interkarma. Good night then.
Thanks for your awesome work.
Last edited by Michael_TEFL on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

First of all, congratulations on the first test build! Overall it's been a nice experience trying it out and some of the views outside are absolutely gorgeous, but as requested here are an assorted list of problems, things I've noticed and suggestions.

Specs: Windows 10, Intel i7 920, 6 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 560

1. The mouse feels sluggish. The experience can be compared to how some games have mouse smoothing, which when enabled also makes it feel sluggish. Like a small delay on your mouse movement.

2. Pressing the load button in the main menu with nothing to load (taking you to the load screen) makes the game essentially lock, since you can't get out of there. At least I couldn't figure out a way to do it. Esc didn't work, pressing cancel does nothing etc.

3. I can not recognize the song in the first dungeon. If it's the correct song, then the midi library must have made it sound weird.

4. The sky outside makes me dizzy when moving. It's that it moves differently than the ground. I know Lucius (DaggerXL) fixed this by using some kind of cylinder around the world and applying the sky texture to that (if I recall correctly). I think having that sky texture is really nice though and it blends good with the horizon.

5. Z is a unintuitive default choice for ready weapon. If it's like that in vanilla then sure ok, but from Morrowind on it's been F.

6. I want to be able to rebind quicksave and quickload since I usally have F9 as quickload and I accidentally keep saving when trying to load.

7. Trying to load an old save outside in the nearby town makes me fall under the ground to the nether. Attached the save.
QuickSave.7z
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
8. Would like a god mode button or code and a super speed button or code.

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Lazaroth wrote:2. Pressing the load button in the main menu with nothing to load (taking you to the load screen) makes the game essentially lock, since you can't get out of there. At least I couldn't figure out a way to do it. Esc didn't work, pressing cancel does nothing etc.
I can confirm this issue too. The game DOES lock under such circumstances.

Azdul

Post by Azdul »

Thanks for all hard work, and congratulations on the first release.

I've noticed one problem with importing "classic" saves - most of my saves from Mantellan Crux (final dungeon) do not work.
Should I send you my save files by e-mail ?

Edit: OK - I've found out what's going on. DFUnity tries to dump me outside dungeon - and Mantellan Crux is located in some weird place on the world map.
Last edited by Azdul on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

akfordag

Post by akfordag »

Yep, will wait for the god mode to try it further ;)

jemapa

Post by jemapa »

I'm having the same issue as Nystul - Daggerfall path is set, but I only get a black screen. For some reason the forum won't let me attach the log, but here's the relevant part:
Spoiler!
Initialize engine version: 5.2.0f3 (e7947df39b5c)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (ID=0x6818)
Vendor: ATI
VRAM: 2027 MB
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\AudioSynthesis.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\AudioSynthesis.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\FullSerializer.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\FullSerializer.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\INIFileParser.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\INIFileParser.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
- Completed reload, in 1.561 seconds
desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 3840x1080 at -1920,0
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
DFTFU 1.4.35: Using settings.ini.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

DFTFU 1.4.35: Trying INI path D:\Games\DagClean\DAGGER\arena2

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

DFTFU 1.4.35: Testing arena2 path at 'D:\Games\DagClean\DAGGER\arena2'.

DFTFU 1.4.35: Found valid arena2 path at 'D:\Games\DagClean\DAGGER\arena2'.

DFTFU 1.4.35: Setting up content readers with arena2 path 'D:\Games\DagClean\DAGGER\arena2'.

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 1258 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 125c -> priority: 1
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.VidFile.ReadBlock () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.VidFile.ReadNextBlock () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.DaggerfallVideo.Next () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.DaggerfallVideo.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallBaseWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallVidPlayerWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After this the same exception repeats over and over for thousands of lines.

System is Windows 8 x64, i7 3770K processor, 16GB RAM, Radeon HD7870 GPU. Daggerfall was freshly installed and patched to 2.13 right before starting Daggerfall Unity.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

jemapa wrote:I'm having the same issue as Nystul - Daggerfall path is set, but I only get a black screen. For some reason the forum won't let me attach the log, but here's the relevant part:
Spoiler!
Initialize engine version: 5.2.0f3 (e7947df39b5c)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (ID=0x6818)
Vendor: ATI
VRAM: 2027 MB
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\AudioSynthesis.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\AudioSynthesis.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\FullSerializer.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\FullSerializer.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\INIFileParser.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\INIFileParser.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
- Completed reload, in 1.561 seconds
desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 3840x1080 at -1920,0
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

Platform assembly: D:\Games\Daggerfall Unity\Daggerfall Unity_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
DFTFU 1.4.35: Using settings.ini.

DFTFU 1.4.35: Trying INI path D:\Games\DagClean\DAGGER\arena2

DFTFU 1.4.35: Testing arena2 path at 'D:\Games\DagClean\DAGGER\arena2'.

DFTFU 1.4.35: Found valid arena2 path at 'D:\Games\DagClean\DAGGER\arena2'.

DFTFU 1.4.35: Setting up content readers with arena2 path 'D:\Games\DagClean\DAGGER\arena2'.

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 1258 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 125c -> priority: 1
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.VidFile.ReadBlock () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.VidFile.ReadNextBlock () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.DaggerfallVideo.Next () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.DaggerfallVideo.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallBaseWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallVidPlayerWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After this the same exception repeats over and over for thousands of lines.

System is Windows 8 x64, i7 3770K processor, 16GB RAM, Radeon HD7870 GPU. Daggerfall was freshly installed and patched to 2.13 right before starting Daggerfall Unity.
yep, seems to be the same issue!
I managed to get it working 2 times out of 100 or so (without video playback but the start menu just popped up).
so maybe it could be a thread/script sheduling/order problem?