Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Huntingtonwheel

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by Huntingtonwheel »

So what are the requirements for unity?

n0k0ut

Post by n0k0ut »

I'm having a problem with getting the Linux build to run. The startup screen with the resolution choices works well, but when I press OK, it goes to a black screen for a few seconds, then crashes. I do see a blue custom cursor for a few seconds before this, if that helps. I have all of the VID files in the correct folder, so that shouldn't be a problem.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz
RAM: 3GB
GPU: Quadro NVS 160M

[Screenshots]
https://d.maxfile.ro/weivwzkdfn.zip

n0k0ut

Post by n0k0ut »

I also found this issue. Double clicking any one of these results in a crash with the same error message as before.

https://d.maxfile.ro/ujqqymwybz.png

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

n0k0ut wrote:I'm having a problem with getting the Linux build to run. The startup screen with the resolution choices works well, but when I press OK, it goes to a black screen for a few seconds, then crashes. I do see a blue custom cursor for a few seconds before this, if that helps. I have all of the VID files in the correct folder, so that shouldn't be a problem.

[Screenshots]
Usually the black screen crash means it was unable to connect to the Daggerfall folder, or possibly some files missing. Could you please email me your complete output.log. This should have the information I need.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

n0k0ut wrote:I also found this issue. Double clicking any one of these results in a crash with the same error message as before.

https://d.maxfile.ro/ujqqymwybz.png
This one is a bit of a Unity launcher quirk on Linux, unfortunately not on my side. I've written a custom launcher for Windows for the first true release, and will soon ask for help with a custom Linux launcher as well.

And thanks for testing! :)

n0k0ut

Post by n0k0ut »

Interkarma wrote:
n0k0ut wrote:I'm having a problem with getting the Linux build to run. The startup screen with the resolution choices works well, but when I press OK, it goes to a black screen for a few seconds, then crashes. I do see a blue custom cursor for a few seconds before this, if that helps. I have all of the VID files in the correct folder, so that shouldn't be a problem.

[Screenshots]
Usually the black screen crash means it was unable to connect to the Daggerfall folder, or possibly some files missing. Could you please email me your complete output.log. This should have the information I need.
It doesn't seem like it's creating one at all.

n0k0ut

Post by n0k0ut »

Interkarma wrote:

[Screenshots]
I changed the "MyDaggerfallPath" line to a random folder to see what happens and it didn't crash, so I don't think my Daggerfall folder is related. When I do that, it just sits there and uses 100% CPU (still with a black screen and blue cursor).

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

n0k0ut wrote:I changed the "MyDaggerfallPath" line to a random folder to see what happens and it didn't crash, so I don't think my Daggerfall folder is related. When I do that, it just sits there and uses 100% CPU (still with a black screen and blue cursor).
Please send me the ouput log as requested. I cannot tell you what's happening if you don't provide the logging details generated for this purpose. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

By the way, when I say "crash", I'm just talking about the Daggerfall Unity application not starting or stopped responding. If your whole PC is crashing (i.e. kernel panic) then that's not something I can help with. This would most likely the Unity runtime or a graphics driver issue, and definitely outside of my scope for support, I'm sorry.

n0k0ut

Post by n0k0ut »

Interkarma wrote:
n0k0ut wrote:I changed the "MyDaggerfallPath" line to a random folder to see what happens and it didn't crash, so I don't think my Daggerfall folder is related. When I do that, it just sits there and uses 100% CPU (still with a black screen and blue cursor).
Please send me the ouput log as requested. I cannot tell you what's happening if you don't provide the logging details generated for this purpose. :)
I apologize, but no log file is created either during or after I run the program. I've searched through the "Daggerfall Unity_Data" folder several times to make sure I wasn't mistaken.