Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
akfordag

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by akfordag »

CPU: AMD Phenom x4 965
GPU: AMD R7 200 on 15.201
RAM: 4GB

Black screen on every option. Maybe the drivers. Will try again later.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Spoiler bbcode now available.
Reath wrote:OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
RAM: 8GB

Build runs well, no issues. I spawned in the right location, then exited the dungeon normally. Tested quick saving in both places, it works properly. Tried loading my old saves, everything seemed to work. F5 shows everything properly.

I noticed one bug. If you quicksave in a new game, die, load an old Daggerfall save and load the quicksave right afterwards, your character sheet is still the one from the old Daggerfall save.
Awesome, thank you. :)
akfordag wrote:In the launcher : "Playt".
Thank you. :) I'll be replacing the Unity launcher altogether on true release, but this is still great to know. Will fix this up.
akfordag wrote:OS: Windows 10 Family 64-bit
CPU: AMD Phenom x4 965
GPU: AMD R7 200 on 15.201
RAM: 4GB

Black screen on every option. Maybe the drivers. Will try again later.
Thanks! I've found the "black screen of nothing" usually happens when it can't find the Daggerfall folder. Double check the MyDaggerfallPath is OK in settings.ini and send me a copy of the log file if everything still looks right.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Garrett wrote:The black ground texture seems to be an issue with the Direct3D 9 renderer--I'm seeing the same result when forcing it on Windows 10 with an AMD R9 270. Direct3D 11 mode renders the ground correctly.

Unity defaults to the recommended renderer for each operating system (this can be overridden with command line arguments).
Very valuable information, thank you! :)

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Interkarma wrote:Something definitely looks wrong with the ground there, I'm thinking an issue with the tiling shader. Can you let me know if your integrated graphics is a HD4000, HD4500, etc? I'll look into the shader caps and work the problem. I might even have an equivalent GPU to test with.

Good call on the spoiler tags. I'll get this added to the forum.
My GPU is Intel HD Graphics, with no additional numbers. Driver's version is 6.14.10.5361 (from 02.05.2011).

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Michael_TEFL wrote:
My GPU is Intel HD Graphics, with no additional numbers. Driver's version is 6.14.10.5361 (from 02.05.2011).
Garrett seems to have nailed the black ground problem above. I'll see what I can do about ensuring DX9 compatibility, or at least forcing DX11 for now.

akfordag

Post by akfordag »

Interkarma wrote:Thanks! I've found the "black screen of nothing" usually happens when it can't find the Daggerfall folder. Double check the MyDaggerfallPath is OK in settings.ini and send me a copy of the log file if everything still looks right.
Stupid me. Of course it was that simple. Could you make the launcher check the path before starting a game ? Would save a lot of impatient (read: that didn't read the instructions) players like me coming to this thread with the black screen error.

Thanx for your work man !

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

akfordag wrote:
Interkarma wrote:Thanks! I've found the "black screen of nothing" usually happens when it can't find the Daggerfall folder. Double check the MyDaggerfallPath is OK in settings.ini and send me a copy of the log file if everything still looks right.
Stupid me. Of course it was that simple. Could you make the launcher check the path before starting a game ? Would save a lot of impatient (read: that didn't read the instructions) players like me coming to this thread with the black screen error.

Thanx for your work man !
All good mate, and thanks for getting back to me. :)

The true release will have a nice custom launcher, but I will also try to handle this a bit better in next test release.

Tirbourse

Post by Tirbourse »

I have a problem with the quickloads

Whenever i try to load a save, my character just fall inside the worldmap

Any ideas?

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Loading a custom female character works fine.
Loading a custom vampire female character (Keophex) does not.
Well, but vampirism is not implemented anyway, so it's explainable

1. My custom female character (actually borrowed from http://www.icehouse.net/radu/dagger/menu.htm )
2. Custom vampire character (dosbox)
3. Custom vampire character - DaggerFall Unity 0.01 - an unnamed male Breton mage instead, with unusually low major and minor skills.
Spoiler!
Screenshot_18.jpg
Screenshot_18.jpg (93.03 KiB) Viewed 4766 times
fall_000.png
fall_000.png (54.37 KiB) Viewed 4766 times
Screenshot_19.jpg
Screenshot_19.jpg (62.62 KiB) Viewed 4766 times
Last edited by Michael_TEFL on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

most of the time everything remains black at startup (daggerfall path in ini file is set)...

in the output_log file a get a null pointer exception (seems to be related with video playback):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.VidFile.ReadBlock () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.VidFile.ReadNextBlock () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.DaggerfallVideo.Next () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.DaggerfallVideo.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallBaseWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallVidPlayerWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)