Merging Mods, Collaborating

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
LypyL

Re: Merging Mods, Collaborating

Post by LypyL »

Nystul wrote:yeah I have also realized this - I know how to make it appear while the scene is running (change the sun type in the sky material)
although it would be nice to make it work when starting up
That's interesting - I don't have a sun type...did you mean sun size? What version of unity do you have?

edit: Nevermind, got it - thanks!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Sounds like Nystul is a step ahead of me. I haven't been able to make the sun show up at all haha. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one though. Was starting to doubt my sanity.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul! Cheers for the fix to the Sun problem mate, I was going nuts trying to work that one out. :D

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

;)

was it intended that when you reverted some things that also in DefaultCommands.cs the location command code was reverted to an old code version as well. The command was misleadingly saying - after teleporting the player - that the location index entered is illegal even if it is correct. I fixed this in the latest pull request - but it is reverted to the previous state before again.
may I do another pull-request with the fix?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yes please, do another pull request with the fix. Reversion yesterday was accidental - I was trying to do stuff with a cold while hopped up on cold & flu drugs and my addled brain went a few wrong directions.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

haha alright! hope you feel better already ;)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

I bet he has a bad case of the Fallout 4 fever... I hear it makes it really hard to concentrate :lol: Seriously though I hope you get better soon as well!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks guys, almost better. :)

It's going to be a big week ahead that's for sure. Besides the Fallout4 launch, I've scored a couple of new work projects that need to be completed before Christmas. I'm working hard to get a couple more test builds out ahead of Fallout4 so I can spend a couple of lazy nights gaming instead of working.

By the way, everything in the test build is almost where I want it for the first true release. After that's all out of the way, I'm looking forward to moving on to items, inventory, and loot as the next stage of development. I'll talk more on this in another week or two.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the pull requests. :) Just a few extra points to help make my job easier when merging updates.
  • Please try to confine a pull request to one specific fix or feature only. For example, try not to combine an unrelated bug-fix with new features.
  • Please don't change the way some core code works, as I might have designed things a certain way intentionally. Just send me a quick email to discuss the change and we can probably work it out.
  • Please keep an eye on pull request comments, as I will sometime add feedback to these which may require your attention before pull request is merged.
Cheers! :D

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Git is somehow behaving very strange... doesn't behave like I would expect it...
I did a pull-request with the changes to the "location" command. nothing else.
AFTERWARDS I proceeded IN MY work-in-progress fork with new changes. I commited locally and pushed TO MY fork - somehow it did automatically change the pull-request how it seems... I never did extend the pull-request nor did a do another pull-request
I never intended to add the new changes to the pull request (how did I mess this up?)

what did I do wrong? I really need to know so this doesn't happen again... Is it forbidden to work on new changes until the last pull-request is closed? This would be stupid - so it must have been a error on my side - but how?