Automap (indoor & dungeon) implementation

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Automap (indoor & dungeon) implementation

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:edit3: fixed now (still wondering about OnLoadEvent though)
Cheers, all merged.

Not sure why OnLoad event isn't firing. All loading goes through the same LoadGame() call, which is where the event is raised.

Edit: I just wired these delegates up to a test game object and events seem to firing OK. Let me know where exactly its not firing for you and I'll take a closer look at the specifics. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:
Interkarma wrote: Edit: Will probably make a SuppressToolTip(bool) method somewhere that does all this junk for you. I'll think on it overnight, if you can let this one sit for now.
of course! no hurry needed!

OK, I've added a new property in BaseScreenComponent to manage tooltip suppression. Just set to true to suppress tooltips:

Code: Select all

control.SuppressToolTip = true;
And set false to resume. Hover time is scrubbed back to 0 when setting false, so tooltip should only display if user continues to leave mouse pointer hovering after releasing button.

Untested, but simple enough it should just work. Let me know if any problems.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've had a good play with the latest code and can't break the automap save/load now. Great work!

Will let you know if anything comes up in final testing. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Good to hear that no more issues appeared so far. Thanks for your efforts with the tooltip - will test it and report back.
Regarding the event: fires on loading but not when loading a quicksave from titlemenu -> load menu -> quickload for me (before recent changes made the new load/save menu being the default load screen - I no longer get the quicksave load option somehow when choosing classic load menu from within the new one)

edit: SuppressToolTip flag works like a charm! thanks! (latest pull-request are these changes to automap code)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've found another minor issue. Quick steps to reproduce:
  1. Start a new game, exit PH, and save while outside.
  2. Close and restart game.
  3. Load exterior save.
Encountering below exception:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallAutomap.restoreStateAutomapDungeon (Boolean forceNotVisitedInThisRun)
At line 1553 in restoreStateAutomapDungeon()

Transform location = gameobjectGeometry.transform.GetChild(0);
But automap does seem to be restored as expected when I re-enter PH despite the exception.

And trying to save again while outside results in another nullreference exception at line 1368 in saveStateAutomapDungeon()

Transform gameObjectGeometryDungeon = gameobjectGeometry.transform.GetChild(0);

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Thanks for reporting. Pull request with fix issued.
I might have overseen the exception due to a flush of these errors (seem to be related to RealGrass mod since deactivating it makes them disappear):

Detail index out of bounds in DetailDatabase.SetLayers
UnityEngine.TerrainData:SetDetailLayer(Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32[,])

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you, kindly programmer. :)

I've seen those as well, it's definitely the grass mod. It doesn't seem to kill the game but something we'll need to take a look at later.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Interkarma wrote:Daggerfall's UI is built exclusively for 320x200. So yes, as far the UI is concerned, I absolutely intend to play the game at 320x200. :) I am in fact operating under the same limitations as Daggerfall's original creators as those are the only art assets available in the game files.
Well yes, from the artistic point of view I can understand it, and it makes a lot of sense. I can live with the 320x200 text font without too much trouble (I have enjoyed DF back in the day quite a lot). :) I was reffering more to the practical side of things... I am sure a UI modification will come sooner or later... first things first. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm having a problem in that the green dungeon column, the one that shows the exit to the dungeon, isn't appearing after I load a certain save game. Is this a known bug?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Yes this is a bug then I think. The only place where the green marker should not show up is privateer's hold before discovering the entrance/exit for the first time