Daggerfall Unity 0.1 Release

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.1 Release

Post by Interkarma »

The trap is in the game as well. Lypyl has done an amazing job bringing all of these actions to life. :) Getting trapped inside is a bit unfortunate, although it seems in spirit for the meanness of the trap itself. It kills you fast by falling in one direction, and slow by starvation in the other. Just horrible!

The blue textures on the door frames are like that in the game as well. No idea why they were textured that way. Daggerfall is just weird sometimes.

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Interkarma wrote:The trap is in the game as well. Lypyl has done an amazing job bringing all of these actions to life. :)

The blue textures on the door frames are like that in the game as well. No idea why they were textured that way. Daggerfall is just weird sometimes.
Oh, good. That's nice to know that dungeon mechanics are actually in a good state.

A usual question - anything to pay attention to while testing?

Reath

Post by Reath »

Everything's working well.

I really like the far terrain mod. Finding places by walking around is much more feasible with the increased draw distance, since you can see them far off in the distance. The enchanced sky is a good improvement too, the clouds have a nice amount of variety to them.
Spoiler!
deserttown.jpg
deserttown.jpg (252.9 KiB) Viewed 5100 times
graveyard2.jpg
graveyard2.jpg (201.7 KiB) Viewed 5100 times
inn2.jpg
inn2.jpg (130.36 KiB) Viewed 5100 times

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Reath wrote:Everything's working well.

I really like the far terrain mod. Finding places by walking around is much more feasible with the increased draw distance, since you can see them far off in the distance. The enchanced sky is a good improvement too, the clouds have a nice amount of variety to them.
good to hear!
though the screenshots you posted are hardly showing the far terrain ;)
even daggerfall unity without the far terrain mod has a pretty nice view/draw distance - when the mod is active the fog is much more distant - but the locations are still rendered by the Daggerfall Unity core, but maybe it is really the missing fog that makes it feel better for you.
Far terrain can not always be seen depending on the player's position. But you can test by opening the game console and type in "location 9" which will teleport to Isle of Balfiera/Direnni Tower. From there you will have a good view

Lord Berandas

Post by Lord Berandas »

Hey guys, congrats on the 0.1 release!
It's really perfect piece of work, it can even load up my old saves from Andyfall!
Keep it up, I am looking forward to more new features and stuff! ;-)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Michael_TEFL wrote:Spoiler - 1) the spot, where the trap is.
2) The panel - after you have dodged it.
3) What is this blue thing?
I like seeing someone to mention that trap in Direnni Tower, I've been waiting for that :D Yeah, those blue textures around the doors are very strange, I've wondered what they had in mind.
A usual question - anything to pay attention to while testing?
Just keep doing what you're doing - play, and look for stuff that doesn't seem right. Try and do everything you can think of! Oh, and thanks for the testing :)

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Can you make it so that one can change the keybind for the console? Can't use it right now because i need to press shift + ´ to get `.
Other than that, congratulation on the 0.1 release. It works and looks great.

Azdul

Post by Azdul »

I've tested both Windows and Linux builds 0.1.

I've noticed one minor problem: When you die while moving, esp. at the top level of the dungeon (for example, near the exit of Privateer's Hold) - you fall through the floor for few seconds, before death cutscene kicks in. I've reproduced it in both Windows and Linux builds.

Cheers,

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Daschluba wrote:Can you make it so that one can change the keybind for the console? Can't use it right now because i need to press shift + ´ to get `.
I've got a fix for it worked out, if Interkarma signs off it should make it in the next update.

Reath

Post by Reath »

Nystul wrote: good to hear!
though the screenshots you posted are hardly showing the far terrain ;)
even daggerfall unity without the far terrain mod has a pretty nice view/draw distance - when the mod is active the fog is much more distant - but the locations are still rendered by the Daggerfall Unity core, but maybe it is really the missing fog that makes it feel better for you.
Far terrain can not always be seen depending on the player's position. But you can test by opening the game console and type in "location 9" which will teleport to Isle of Balfiera/Direnni Tower. From there you will have a good view
Yeah, those are just places I ran into with location 0. Seems like a hill or the trees usually block the way before the fog appears. Balfiera does have a nice long view of the area. I hadn't noticed that the rendered locations are the same, apparently the smaller amount of fog does make it seem larger.